DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Your Usual Tuesday

I know, I know I go on and on about what irritates me but good gracious, there are sooooo many things to choose from! Here is just the latest....

We ordered something for the new house. It is coming in two shipments and we get a phone call that because no one could take delivery at the new house it was returned. Well, duh. Its a new house. As in unfinished and nobody lives there yet.

Now, the place just called me and she wants me to basically promise to not leave my house on the day that the freight place is going to deliver these beams.

me: I can't say that I will be home all that day.
her: Well, we need someone to accept delivery.
me: Who stays home all day long anymore? How do you get anyone to agree to this?
her: We usually don't have any problem.
me: Who are these people??? I can tell you right now that I am probably almost the only person home on my STREET!
her: So, will someone be there?
me: you can call and I will do the best that I can. That's all I can promise. If they will give me an approximate time than I will try.

When I am working I CAN NOT leave. I am up in front of 700 kids. Its not like I can just say, "hang on while I run home and take delivery of my beams!"

Almost as irritating as the previous phone call (yes, I have caller i.d. but they are getting sneakier. This one showed an out of state area code.)

caller: May I speak to the man of the house? (that right there pissed me off)
me: no
caller: This is such-n-such media survey company. When would be a good time to call him?
me: Never. take us off your list. CLICK.

Other than that, the weather is grand and life is good.

9 Comments:

  • People are obnoxious. Sounds like you're keeping them in line! Good for you.

    By Blogger Renee, at 9/19/2006 12:56 PM  

  • Debbie!! Are you back or just popping in for a visit and an update? Cause I miss you girl....

    The MAN of the house? Geesh. Doesn't he know that tits are the new balls? Duh.

    By Blogger Tink, at 9/19/2006 2:44 PM  

  • Whenever they ask for the man of the house, I just say, "This is he". They are too afraid to say, "You sound like a woman". Once someone did and I made her cry.

    Damn, even when I was a SAHM, wasn't home every second of the day. And do you have air conditioning, electricity, water, a place to sit in the new house yet? That would make for an extremely suck ass day there if you don't!

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 9/19/2006 5:14 PM  

  • I CANNOT BELIEVE that the caller asked for the "man of the house." And I, too, have been getting sneaky calls from out-of-state places.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 9/20/2006 7:30 AM  

  • How annoying! I remember when my bed was delivered, they did that to me, too. They said they'd be there between 9 and 5, and I had no choice. So I took the day off from work. And they showed up at 5:30! Grrrr!!!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/20/2006 9:16 PM  

  • i think your delivery driver was at Buffalo Wild Wings Monday drinking beer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2006 8:42 AM  

  • If I were you I would just take a two-by-four to her head. You must have one of those laying around.

    By Blogger Rock, at 9/21/2006 5:12 PM  

  • The MAN of the house? What is this? 1952? I would have hung up on them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2006 8:30 AM  

  • Debbie, please tell me next time you'll put a kid on the phone?? Dude, that'd be aw-sum.

    By Blogger Mignon, at 9/27/2006 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home