DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Its 3 am

Hello? Yeah, I can't sleep. Just thought I would update with a few pics and observations. I'm not back yet, just coming up to the surface for a breath of fresh air.

Infantry graduation was awesome. Watching these young men made me appreciate my freedom and how we live here even more.

This picture is right after I pinned his blue cord on his right shoulder, then I grabbed a hold of him and wouldn't let go. I hadn't seen him in 14 WEEKS! After an intervention with the Jaws of Life graduation ceremonies were able to commence once again.

The House? It is moving right along. But let's back up. The house we are living in sold in the first showing. That Buyer? Ended up being CRAZY. So, we were back on the market. I have a contract again now and keeping my fingers crossed that this buyer doesn't go bananas. She is scaring me a little. She showed up on Saturday unannounced to show the house to her sister and I got that creepy feeling. You know when you can tell someone is going to stalk you? She is hugging me and acting like we are going to be best friends.

The new house: they are just finishing the stone and stucco on the front, stained and varnished the kitchen cabinetry and installed the countertops. The interior painters should be arriving any day and then we can see if my paint selections are good....or not.

New job? I love it. I was one of those people who during a Karaoke party would be like "Oh no, I would never do that!" but then once my hands touched the microphone? Good luck getting it back. I am the prize lady. I go to the schools and show the kids what they can win if they sell a lot of whatever it is (cookie dough, wrapping paper etc.). Yes, I know you parents are saying "I hate that when my kid comes home and is convinced he will be the one to selling $1,000,000,000 worth of cookie dough and will win the ballpoint pen. THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, PEOPLE. I whip them up into a frenzy and then send them back to class. And, I do it well. So well, that my new boss DOUBLED MY SALARY after the first week!

PTO? Keeping me busier than I thought it would. Start of school, membership kick off, parent orientation nights etc.etc.

Here is an observation (one of many I have wanted to share). Old men should not be allowed out in a public place. More importantly, the post office. You know those automated kiosks to mail a package? I could win a race working one of those things. I had a man in front of me yesterday that I thought I was going to have to knock him out of the way and just do it for him. Luckily, a nice postal (oxymoron???) employee helped him.

"Want to mail a package, sir?"

"Uh, well, where did my wife go? I need to mail this box."

"That would be a yes then?"

You can imagine the rest. He actually read the fine print that states something about does your package contain explosive devices or flesh eating acid.

Peace out - Be well!

17 Comments:

  • Glad you're back - however temporarily. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/07/2006 7:17 AM  

  • Hey Debbie!
    Good to have you back. I love the picture of you and your boy. you look like a kid there. I thought it was his girlfriend at first!

    By Blogger Renee, at 9/07/2006 9:33 AM  

  • I'm teary just looking at you two, cuz I can tell you're teary.

    My Chris was home for Labor Day weekend and actually DID things with the family!!! I about fainted.

    Love the update on the houses.

    Good luck.

    By Blogger Brenda, at 9/07/2006 6:36 PM  

  • Hello! We missed you!

    Sounds like things are moving right along. I'm so excited to see pictures of the house and hopefully the sale of the old one will go through without any problems. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 1:53 PM  

  • HEY! So glad I actually checked in here today.

    But you're not back for good. Sigh. Tease.

    Seriously, congrats on all the good stuff. You must be proud of your boy.

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 9/08/2006 5:55 PM  

  • Hey, Debbie! Glad to see you're back, even if only for a moment. You sound very happy -- and busy! Congratulations to your son, and to you, for raising such a fine young man. :-)

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 9/08/2006 7:28 PM  

  • Good to see you, if just for a moment. I've missed you.

    I LOVE that picture of you and your son. You done good, mom. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 7:34 PM  

  • Hey, I'm finally back. What a handsome son you have! And you must be so proud of him.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/08/2006 9:09 PM  

  • Hi! I think it was nice too see you as well! And, oh my gosh, with the adult children. They are killing me here!

    So glad you like the new job and agree wit hyou about the old dudes. Gah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2006 5:31 PM  

  • Geez. My brother is a real estate agent- if you have one, call them, or call hers- whatever, that is so wrong! Your house, your space till she moves in. Sheesh.

    I woulda knocked the old dude down, myself. My stomach would've tied into knots watching that.

    Did you notice he was helpless without his wife?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2006 9:58 PM  

  • Hi Debbie,
    So glad I checked in this evening. PTO President is a huge job, with not much appreciation. In ten years I ended up going from school PTA president to STATE PTA President. Kudos from this side for volunteering, there are fewer and fewer who do and it truly makes a difference. Here was my all time PTA line: "The single most contributing factor in a child's success at school, is parent involvement!" It still must be good,because I read an entire article about it the other day! Good to use to guilt some people into helping. "You do want your child to do well in school, right?"

    Good luck with all your adventures. Love the picture of you and your son. Wow, let's his mom give him a hug in public. Impressive!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 9/10/2006 10:25 PM  

  • Oh. My. God. You didn't, by chance, come to Fort Worth...did you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 9:13 PM  

  • Hello to my favorite Texas friend from your long lost friend in Byars, OK. Okay, it can't be that hard to figure out...there are only about 12 of us.

    Your pic with Chris is awesome...he's so grown up! Congrats on the new job...you know I'd hire you in a heartbeat!

    Keep rolling...you make Mickey and I proud!

    C~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 9:38 PM  

  • Welcome back!

    By Blogger Mommygoth, at 9/12/2006 12:06 PM  

  • Hey, you came back! YAY! Your so looks handsome in his uniform! I'm glad to hear your house is almost done too and I hope you can fend off any psycho buyers on the old house. Post again soon, we've missed you!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 9/13/2006 12:34 PM  

  • LOL..."Where did my wife go? I need to do something!" Sounds like my house.

    Glad to see you posting again!

    Mmmm...a billion dollars worth of cookie dough...

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 9/15/2006 12:16 PM  

  • Welcome back, Debbie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/17/2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home