DebbieDoesLife

Friday, December 09, 2005

All Talk, No Action

I'm a wimp, a wuss, a chicken.

No, I'm not. Yes, I am! Okay, okay.

See??? I didn't really even fight back.

Don't believe me? Here's an example of my spinelessness. I ordered my Christmas cards this year printed with the year and our last name (I was still going to sign them!!). I ordered them from a company that shall remain nameless but I won't be CURRENT -ly using them again. They came all flat, scored where you needed to insert a family photo and fold. I began working on the pile yesterday. I folded and noticed that the writing that says, "Place photo here" ended up upside down when finished. After inserting the lovely family photo shown here in previous posting about 15 times I finally noticed that the writing when you open the card is now upside down. THEY PRINTED THE CARDS WRONG.

I should call and ream out some person there and demand restitution! A reprint! My money back! What did I do? Shrugged and went back to folding. I'm not in the mood for the phone call and to wait for replacements. I just want the cards finished and mailed so I can check that off my Christmas list. But really, I SHOULD call. I just don't want even that much of a confrontation right now. I'm in a wimpy mood. Maybe later in the week I will take it out on a sales girl as I fight tooth and nail through Toys R Us...

So, if you are on my Christmas list, please be prepared to admire the photo and giggle since you know what was really going on during that family bonding moment and then open the card and go "WTF?" Turn the card around and then you will be able to read my touching sentiment and signature.

1 Comments:

  • I'm like you. The only time I would call and give them hell is when I'm hormonal. I wish I could channel some of that assertiveness to the rest of the month.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/09/2005 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home