DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Chicken or the Egg

What comes first Christmas or Holiday Stress??? Can you have one without the other?

I tend to have what I call my Monday morning freak outs this time of year. I look at the whole week and what I have to do and then have a full blown panic attack on Monday morning. Sometimes hormones contribute but on other days I am not sure what my excuse is.

I feel like I have no time this year. No time to enjoy writing my Christmas cards. No time to bake. No time to host a casual Christmas luncheon. When I have shopped so far, I feel like I am running and constantly checking the time because I have to be somewhere else, dammit!

Then I feel like a bad mom. No I haven't baked sugar cookies yet for my children to decorate. We did manage to group together as a family at Thanksgiving for a picture for the Christmas card but you can tell in the photo we ain't all that happy. The youngest was pissed cuz he didn't get to stand up in the picture. HE WANTED TO STAND UP PEOPLE!! Well, hey, its Christmas and we don't all get what we want. Just smile and look happy!!!! And, the wind was blowing which ruined my hair. And, my husband didn't get the memo about blue shirts!!!

I want to enjoy this season, I really do. I need to schedule a day to breathe and enjoy. Just don't have time right now.

3 Comments:

  • Nice pic, and your hubby just wanted everyone to know he worked at Shell! LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2005 1:53 PM  

  • I call it detail overload. Everyone says you are supposed to relax and focus on the meaning of the season. Somehow my husband and kids and can relax, but why is it that the responsibilities of the season always fall on the mom's shoulders?! My husband didn't like what I picked out for his mother. But did he offer to exchange it? No - I had to go back to the store, return it and exchange it for something else. Bah humbug. But I do always look forward to the week before Christmas. Because by then, if it isn't done, then it won't get done and I finally relax a bit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2005 7:32 AM  

  • This post reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Among all the other sappy, sentimental christmas movies. That one really nails the true holiday experience.

    Hope you find some time to relax and enjoy what's really important!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home