DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Being Thankful

I will be leaving soon to spend the Thanksgiving holidays with my family. No, it doesn't feel like the holidays yet. How can it be time for another T-giving and Christmas?? Time keeps going faster and faster the older I get. I noticed this as soon as I had my first child that all of a sudden the clock sped up!

I recognize that this is probably a special year. It may not be the last but who knows what the following year could bring? This year we will all be together....my parents, my brothers and their families, even my hubby's sister who he is driving down this minute from Penn. to meet us at my folks house. I am even grateful that we are in a position to help her out by having her move here with us.

I wonder how many good years I will have with my parents. They are 69 and 67, in good health right now. But I can see it coming. My parents are getting old. I am so thankful for this year that they are active, healthy and I am still a child when I go to their house. I dread the time that we will switch places and I will be in charge.

My brothers. Two greater guys you could not meet. We truly enjoy kidding around with each other and get very excited when we know that our families will be coming together. They were considerate enough to marry women that I could love too and become close too. Because it's all about me, ya know!

I am thankful that we do not have to worry about being bombed while we eat since we don't live somewhere like Afghanistan. I am thankful that we have plenty to eat. In fact, thats my worry is that I will completely bust my diet, not that we won't have enough food.

No one is terminally ill or fighting any kind of cancer in my family. That is a huge thank you!! I feel like every day that my family is healthy is another gift.

Time is marching on and I know it won't always be like this. But on this day, I am thankful.

5 Comments:

  • Amen. I will be with all my family as well and everyone is in good health. Even though there are many ups and downs raising teenagers, the older they get, the more conscious I am that there will come a day when they will be with families of their own on Thanksgiving. Sometimes it feels like living on borrowed time. Anyway, it really is a time to appreciate all the blessings that we do enjoy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 6:42 AM  

  • Whaddya mean when the time comes and things switch and you'll be in charge? I thought you were ALWAYS in charge? HEE! HEE! HEE! Happy Turkey Day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 7:25 AM  

  • Shhhh! No one else is supposed to know that!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 11/22/2005 7:29 AM  

  • hey, I think I finally figured out how to actually sign off the right way so you can find my blog...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 1:34 PM  

  • did i do it right now? Oh, yeah, thanks for the comments. I don't feel like such a nerd now with all of those zeros

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home