DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Signs of Desperation

For a long time now I have wondered what to do with my life. Think along the lines of "what do I want to be when I grow up?" Yes, that is what I am dealing with. It doesn't take much for me to feel lonely and bored. I am very high maintenance this way.

Today was a slower than usual day. I am not good with too much time on my hands. I get depressed and begin sending out invites to my pity party. I think I now recognize when this is coming on though by these telltale signs:

1. Need for Starbucks Chantico (it is like bathing, eating and having sex in a cup of warm dark chocolate - gets me hot just thinking about it again.)
2. Trying to have a conversation with the drive thru girl at Starbucks.
3. Trying to have a conversation with a toothless homeless person.
4. Trying to have a conversation with the Japanese tailor who speak vely rittle English.
5. Trying to have a conversation with an 8 year old. Ex. "How was school today?" answer, "Mom, why do you always have to ask me that?"

4 Comments:

  • Come spend the day with the crazy woman preparing for the never-before held celebration for in-laws. I will replace your bored and lonely with frantic and exhausted.
    c

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/17/2005 11:10 PM  

  • I know I am lonely and bored when I will eat anything in sight, including 6 month old Halloween candy. Sigh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/18/2005 6:29 AM  

  • Boy, do I understand the reply you got back from your 8-year-old. My son is 6 and i get nothing from him. I have tried not asking, asking a million questions, and every other technique to get information short of tying him down and tickling it out of him (hmm...that's an idea!). The other night after I'd begged him for just a report on how his day was, he was throwing the football with his dad and told him all of this stuff from the day. It was then I knew I was fighting a losing battle. UGH.

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 11/18/2005 9:48 AM  

  • Very cool blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/19/2005 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home