DebbieDoesLife

Monday, November 14, 2005

Camping Fun!

Recently went on a family camp out with the "high on incense" scout group. Right away my family was set apart because we chose not to incorporate the family part into our camp out. Due to a scheduling conflict my husband could not come until later that afternoon (then I would head home) so I went and set up the tent. This camp site is less than 10 miles from my house. That's like camping in my own backyard. There is nothing neat about this park, no hiking trails, big rocks to climb on or anything, unless you count 4 port-a-potties and a dry creek bed as exciting. Also, I cannot sleep on a camp out. I have tried all the remedies: a fan, separate mattresses, cold medicine and copious amount of liquor. None work. I spend the entire night either looking at my watch or asking my husband to look at his (hence he doesn't get a lot of sleep either).

I have gone camping anyway when it is to a cool spot or we coordinated with a group of friends to go. This boy scout group though, well, let's just say they ain't my peeps.

Let me give you an example, one family is setting up their tent. They have not been there long but their little girl is head to toe dirt smudges already. She is cute anyway and a friendly little thing. The mom and dad start telling her to get in the tent and lay down for a nap. Now, I know and I am sure you do to that no two year old is going to lay down in a tent outside in a place they just arrived 20 minutes ago and GO TO SLEEP. The dad proceeds to drag the little girl, who is now crying, into the tent by her arm and then commences to yelling at her, "Dry it up! Get your ass laid down!"

Ahem. Its a tent. WE CAN HEAR YOU, ASSHOLE! I knew then the husband was going to be in for some fun that night.

A little while later one of the other parents tells her crying 18 month old, "Oh tell it to your therapist when your older!"

I can't believe I never used these lines on my children!! Obviously, I have done it all wrong.

1 Comments:

  • Lots of good family fun! Yeah, right. Give me family time in a nice hotel and a good restaurant any time over sleeping on the ground in a tent and cooking over a tiny stove. (Though I do like the campfires.) Unfortunately, I am married to the number one Boy Scout who LOVES to camp.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home