DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What Is Too Old?

Just when is a kid too old to go trick or treating? I know I have 355 more days to worry about it but you can never start worrying too early.

Yesterday, oldest son calls and says he and some friends are going to probably walk around and trick or treat. My response, "You can't. You shave. You are a freshman in college, no one will think you are cute when they open their front door." Of course, I had declared myself the enemy at that point. My final knockout punch was this, "Besides, you have to have a costume. So what are you dressing up as?" Ha! He had no answer and had to concede defeat!!

Last night as I opened my door to age appropriate trick or treaters one mom who stood behind a group of kids held out a bag she was holding. I stopped grabbing candy out of my passout bowl and looked at her, yes, I looked at her like "What the hell do you think you are doing?" She smiles and says all cutesy, "This is for my daughter who pooped out earlier."

Here is what I would have liked to have said...."Lady, When your child is too tired then you stop trick or treating and GO HOME! Now you are begging and thats just wrong!"

My youngest got tired pretty early. I didn't send the husband back out and tell him "Don't come back until that bag weighs at least 10 lbs.!!"

1 Comments:

  • So now we've become a nation where we trick or treat for our kids, too? And I thought I had a hard time making my kids accept consequences!

    Cindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2005 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home