DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Dog In The Box

You must know this about me. I love dogs. I own three right now. I love to watch Animal Planet and I even worked for two different veterinarians at different times in my life. I grew up with horses, dogs and cats and have always, always had a pet. During Hurricane Katrina I ended up donating more $$ to Pet Saving Causes then the Red Cross.

I am upset right now. On the side of the road near my son's school is a dead dog that someone obviously threw from their car. They must have taken the time to put him in a box because you can tell it was a box but is now all torn apart. He looks like a beagle mix.

Was this a beloved family pet? Did he die of natural causes? Where's CSI when you need them? They could tell me who the dog had sex with last, what he ate and how he voted. Seriously, did the parents (or parent) tell the kids, "We are going out to bury Fido, sweetie. Be right back!" Then they tossed him because they were too lazy to dig a hole?

I have watched him go from a bloated rigot mortis state to now flacid and flattening. I feel sorry for the little pooch. I'm sure he deserved better than to be thrown on the side of the road like trash.

2 Comments:

  • I'll be honest...I'm not a huge dog lover. I used to be a cat lover...that is, until I had the most neurotic and needy cat in the whole world who has really awful bathroom habits. But, I really was upset to read about the dog you found on the road. I think that's just awful...sorry you had to see that.

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 11/30/2005 10:14 PM  

  • I went by today and the vultures are now feasting on the carcass. Yummy.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 12/01/2005 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home