DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Prego!

Ciao all! Ooops, let me adjust my new fat roll over my pants. The food in Italia is so amazing I have gained I am sure 10 lbs.

Quick update: More to follow...

Venice was amazing by personal water taxi. The guy we hired took us through the Grand Canal and then once we hit the Lido area of open water really opened it up and we sped through while standing up on the back of the boat. It totally felt like I was in a The Italian Job or a James Bond movie. What would be my name if I was a Bond girl? Debbie Does Venice? Chickie Canal? Oh, I don't know! It was a blast and the perfect way to see Venice!

Florence was hot and crowded and next time I will travel to the Tuscany countryside. Rome was also hot and crowded but the Trevi Fountain was impressive as was the Sistine Chapel. Our personal favorite was the Colleseum, which got voted in as a New Seven Wonders of the World WHILE I WAS THERE!!!!

We are now touring Croatia where so far I know they love fish. I had about 5 different kinds at dinner. I don't have anything against fish but I am from the south were we love things that go oink and moo.

Gratzi and Arrivedecci!

8 Comments:

  • Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

    I never associated Croatia with fish.
    Perhaps while you are there you could pitch a new show for the Croatian Animal Cable Network--"The Fish Whisperer".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2007 8:55 PM  

  • I totally thought you were pregnant when I saw your subject line.
    I'm jealous, jealous, jealous of your travels.

    By Blogger Renee, at 7/10/2007 11:19 PM  

  • Bond girl? Venice?

    I got it--

    "Canal Galore"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2007 11:47 AM  

  • The Colleseum is amazing and that is sooo cool that it is now the what, 8th Wonder of the World?

    Aren't the guys beautiful? Big sigh!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 7/11/2007 6:41 PM  

  • There better be lots and lots of PICTURES!!!

    By Blogger Brenda, at 7/12/2007 6:42 PM  

  • Sweet Mother of Pearl! I thought you were announcing that you were PREGGO!! Okay...can somebody restart my heart now?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2007 10:12 PM  

  • mmmm...
    I am gaining weight just by reading this post...
    CAN NOT WAIT for the next post...
    You are taking me with you,,,,

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 7/15/2007 6:11 PM  

  • Yayy..I loved Venice as well when I was there in May. Ah, what a great time that was.

    I'm from the South too, but the Deep South, where we went fishing a lot...I love the seafood!!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 7/16/2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home