DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pink-ish

I kind of like Pink. Not the color. The singer. I like her attitude and darn it, her songs are downright catchy.

I listen to a pretty "mom-ish" radio station normally while in the car. They play top 40 pop stuff. It makes me feel trendy without all the rap and hip hop (not that I don't just LOVE "Whatch you no bout me? Whatch you know bout me? My lip gloss be popping! My lip gloss be cool" sorry...I digress)

But, the other day I actually tuned in enough to listen to the words to Pink's Song U & Ur Hand. I found myself taking a swift intake of breath. Shocking. This song is being played everywhere and its about mastu...okay, I can't even type it....rhymes with casturbation. I have never heard the d.j.'s say anything about the lyrics and must surmise that I am either A. the only person who has figured this out or B. I am the only person who has actually listened to the lyrics in this song. Maybe because of Pink's poor spelling in the title, no one has guessed what this song is talking about. (the whole creative spelling thing? don't get me started!)

Click below and take a listen. ***my link is not working but you can type in Pink U Ur hand in the search and pull it up on the YouTube site. My link below will take you to You tube***

  • Pink's Song
  • I can no longer listen to this song with my kids in the car.

    8 Comments:

    • Just be glad the title wasn't "U & Ur Vibr8tor"

      By Blogger PEACE, at 6/12/2007 11:11 PM  

    • Well if you remember the Violent Femmes song "Blister in the Sun" (lyrics here: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/v/violent+femmes/blister+in+the+sun_20144625.html ) that too was rumored to be about mastu...er...Rosie Palm and her five sisters. And so was "Turning Japanese." I think it's a lot more prevelant than you think, some just hide it better than Pink did :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2007 10:09 AM  

    • LOL. This makes me think of Julia's current favourite song, which is Amy Winehouse's "Rehab". Thankfully, she pronounces it "Rehave" and hasn't yet figured out that she's saying it wrong, nor has she asked me what rehave (or rehab) means.

      Yet.

      By Blogger mamatulip, at 6/13/2007 7:23 PM  

    • There are songs like that on the radio all the time! Remember the song "Oops (Oh My)" by Fabulous and Missy Elliot? It was about masturbation too. That song by 3rd Eye Blind "Semi Charmed Life" has drug referrences in it all over the place. The same with "Rose Parks" by Aquemini ("Move to the back of the bus"). I think radio stations bank on people not listening to the words. Otherwise we'd find something offensive to half the songs they play.

      By Blogger Tink, at 6/14/2007 9:13 AM  

    • Then there's the song I touch myself, not very subtle, no? they're all over...

      By Blogger SohoSally, at 6/14/2007 11:53 AM  

    • "Hand in my Pocket" by Alanis Morrisette.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/14/2007 9:40 PM  

    • I like Pink. Especially Dear Mr. President. Y'all check that out on YouTube.

      And why is it OK to sing endlessly about sex but not about the "M" word? I think this song rocks and handles the subject well.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/15/2007 5:33 AM  

    • Love Pink, love the song. Typed a whole comment and it just disappeared. ARGH!

      I think I posted recently about loving this song, but yes I know the words. I still love it. She's telling all the jerk guys who are hitting on her to kiss off because they're not good enough for her. Go, Pink!

      But, yeah, no kids listening to this one. I reserve it for my Ipod and earbuds while I'm on the treadmill watching some weight lifting fake tanned guys work out at my gym...it makes me laugh. HA!

      By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 6/16/2007 9:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home