DebbieDoesLife

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Watch


Recently for the big anniversary, I purchased a new watch for the hubs. I have long been a $10 Wal-mart watch person but someone I know - his nickname is Big Love (and thats a whole other story) has been harping, I mean preaching, I mean extolling the virtures of expensive, flashy, big name watches.

I started noticing watches. And, I must admit I began appreciating nicer watches. So, I emptied my piggy bank and went and bought the hubs THIS WATCH

The lady that sold it to me was....hmmm...shall we say, ditsy? Cara was very nice and knew her way somewhat around a Tag Heuer watch but still while flight-checking me on all the features she said something that almost made me pee in my pants.

Cara was telling me the depth in which the watch could be taken down in water. (note here: if my husband EVER wore this watch to go diving up to 600 meters, I would KILL him - he can wear his cheap ass Timex watch for that). Cara finished with a brilliant smile and said, "The watch is almost self-destructible!"

I looked at her to see if she caught her own error. But, alas, Cara just waited for me to say the magic words, "I'll take it!" Hmmm, either she made a verbal error or my poor hubby's arm could ALMOST be blown off at any moment.

So far, so good.

10 Comments:

  • Wow, Cara sounds like some of the brainiacs that I know around MY life. And the watch? Yeah, well, the most expensive watch I have is a Citizen, and it was $500 (because it's the Disney Version, with Mickey on it). My dad though, has two Rolexes. I personally like the one your hubby got better!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2007 5:57 PM  

  • I like that watch, a LOT. I have a thing for watches, especially watches that blow people's arms off. ;)

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 6/02/2007 7:18 PM  

  • I think the most-expensive watch I ever had was my old Casio calculator watch, which had the built-in benefit of being able to calculate its own depreciation.

    By Blogger Spamboy, at 6/03/2007 7:27 AM  

  • I have to admit, I am sitting here right now, wet butt and all, after sitting at the pool. I thought I picked a dry spot to sit and dangle my tootsies, obviously not.

    Wow a $10 WalMart watch? I always go for the $7 ones! I love em. The battery dies? Don't care, buy a new one. I lose it? Don't care, buy a new one. It breaks? Don't care, buy a new one. Doesn't match my outfit? Buy a new one!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 6/03/2007 5:20 PM  

  • That's a sweet watch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2007 5:47 PM  

  • That's a purty watch! Does it come with a count-down to self-destuct mode, so hubby can at least ditch it and run?

    The most expensive piece of jewelry (save the wedding ring) is a Movado a boss gave me many years ago. They got a huge deal on it because a family member worked for them, but it's still pretty neat to own something like that. I sure never would have bought it for myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2007 10:32 AM  

  • Such a watch calls for wearing a tuxedo to work, and ordering your martini "Shaken, not stirred."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/04/2007 3:11 PM  

  • Maybe it belonged to James Bond at one time. :)

    By Blogger Tink, at 6/04/2007 4:02 PM  

  • I would SO wear that watch. I prefer wearing a man's watch to those tiny June Cleaver-style women's watches.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2007 9:58 AM  

  • I own three Eddie Bauer watches (me and Eddie, going steady!), a Bulova, a Swiss Army watch, a Fossil watch, and some cheapos.

    Only brought Eddies with me to Belgium, but the others are waitin on me in storage.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/09/2007 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home