DebbieDoesLife

Monday, February 19, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays....

Things I hate:

1. A head cold complete with gallons of goo and a throat tickle that makes me cough but makes me sound like I am almost throwing up.
2. Drivers who do not use turn signals.
3. The use of the word "orientate" over the word "orient". I have researched and supposably the word orientate is acceptable but it just sounds wrong to me.

Things I like:

1. A lazy, sunny weekend complete with a family hike and lots of movie watching.
2. A really good cup of coffee
3. This SONG

Here's a quickie childhood memory:

When I was growing up, and my mother was driving she would always have us do this. If someone let her into a lane or pull in front of them she would make me and my two brothers wave like crazy people. I don't remember my dad ever making us wave, just my mom.

"Wave! Everyone wave at that nice man!" So, all of us in the car would wave like our hands were on fire.

In my new job, I am driving a lot. The other day when I let this family in their mini-van pull out in front of me they all turned around and waved and waved like I was the nicest person in the world.

So, let someone cut in front of you today and if someone let's you in, wave until your wrist hurts.

8 Comments:

  • Ahhh Debbie...
    That made me feel alll mushy inside... I'm with that family in the van waving at you, BABE!!!

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 2/19/2007 10:27 AM  

  • I always wave. There are too few "nice" people in the world. The ones that are should be appreciated. :)

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/19/2007 2:35 PM  

  • i always wave. my dad use to honk at the cows on the roadside and my sister and i would go crazy :)

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 2/20/2007 5:33 AM  

  • I always wave, but I'll admit I do the kind of lame hand in the air thing, not a really enthusiastic wave like you're talking about. AND If I let someone in and they don't wave or acknowledge my good deed, it makes me mad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2007 8:14 AM  

  • I love the idea of a mini-van full of kids waving and waving to you! :)

    Sometimes I'll drive by kids standing on the side of the street doing that "honk your horn!" arm pull-down motion (which is really only appropriate for truckers, but I digress), and it always cracks me up.

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 2/21/2007 2:48 PM  

  • Yayyy..I always wave too!!!

    Just don't say "oriental"!!

    Hahahaha

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/22/2007 10:00 PM  

  • I love your story. I think I'm going to start doing that with my kids.

    By Blogger Renee, at 2/23/2007 9:48 AM  

  • I used to have a 25 cent toll near my house (do those still exist??!)... for fun, my friends and I would sometimes pay for the strangers in the car behind us.

    I remember one van filled with a big family waving like crazy, yelling THANK YOU!!! It still makes me smile.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/26/2007 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home