DebbieDoesLife

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Simple Stop at the Store

It's only been like two weeks since Sandy my little fawn pug died. I was adjusting to life with only two dogs (ONLY TWO! Please insert sarcasm here) and was plugging along. The kids immediately wanted another dog to which I said, "Oh no, we don't NEED another dog. But, if we had to rescue one or something then maybe we would."

Bite my stupid, fat, wagging tongue!

A trip to Wal-mart yesterday included this:
This poor little thing was dashing in and out of cars in the parking lot....in the rain. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't leave him there! He was scared to death and searching for someone to help him.
We got him home and the other two dogs fell in love immediately. I would guess that he is about a year old and a rat terrier. He is not neutered and on the skinny side. His coat isn't as shiny as it should be which says to me "cheap dog food."
I have posted signs but no one has called yet. He was wearing a little black collar but no tags. He is really the sweetest thing. Gentle, non-aggressive. I am able to sit and pet him while he eats even.
He seems very smart and he is very lovable. Okay, I admit it, I am falling for him. Is it a bad sign that the youngest son has named him "Buddy"?
Please! Anyone out there want a really sweet, small dog??

7 Comments:

  • Aw, look at those eyes! I hope someone claims him, but if nobody does, I think you should keep him.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 2/12/2007 6:50 PM  

  • Yeah, he's pretty cute.

    I think God sent Buddy to you.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/12/2007 7:04 PM  

  • Aww. You're a softie. Hello there, Buddy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/12/2007 7:27 PM  

  • You should take him to a vet/shelter and have him scanned for a microchip. Sure does look like a cute rat terrier!

    By Blogger Jacki, at 2/12/2007 7:27 PM  

  • omgawd he is screaming cute.
    ***********on my valentine post.. i left the witty funny debbie out, when you get a chance check it out because i added you.
    your posts are real life lol stuff!

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 2/12/2007 9:26 PM  

  • You, my friend, are a sucker. Congrats on your very cute new third dog. It's not your fault that you have so much love to give. :)

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 2/13/2007 12:45 AM  

  • Buddy. Sigh. He's so glad his new Mama buys Iams and looks like Heather Locklear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2007 4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home