DebbieDoesLife

Monday, January 08, 2007

An Irritating List

There are a lot of things that irritate me. Really. This list probably way outnumbers the items that DON'T. Here is just a partial listing. Please feel free to add any that I may have forgotten.

1. Waiters that dump glasses of ice water in a customer's purse.
2. Oprah having a show where she keeps showing celebrities doing normal things and then saying over and over, "see! this is the common bond that we all share! We all put on pants, we all poop!" (okay, I added the poop part, but she was thinking it!)
3. People at your workplace talking on and on about their relationship with their boyfriend. And, how after two whole months together they are going to counseling. And, everytime said boyfriend calls the workplace, girl grimaces and says, "tell him I'm not here."
4. Meetings that should not last more than an hour, lasting for two and a half hours. For no reason, other than some people in attendance blathering on about themselves.
5. Electric bills being twice as high as you expected.
6. A Colonoscopy. (no, I did not have one but know someone who did. It sounded quite irritating. Especially to a sphinctery area of the body!)
7. School projects. I swear if one of my kids comes home one more time this year and says he needs to take baby pictures of himself I will go all apeshit on a teacher. I now have baby pictures scanned into my computer and we print as needed.
8. John Mayer. I'm sorry but I am really tired of your songs on the radio. They were probably enjoyable at one point but now sound like nails on a chalkboard.
9. Homeless people begging in the rain. And, when you give them an umbrella STICK IT UNDER THEIR ARM. And, you realize them standing in the rain makes them look more sorrowful and needy. Uh, can I have my umbrella back then?

13 Comments:

  • Are you kidding me with #9? That's crazy and it's people like that who make me think twice about approaching the folks holding the signs on the side of the road.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2007 8:59 AM  

  • Here's a few of my irritating things---

    Parents who have to be chased down to pay their child's tuition (I'm a preschool director, not a bill collector!)

    when my kids come home from school and just drop their things throughout the house as though the entire house is their bedroom

    working full-time and having to plan and prepare dinner every single day (cooking is not my favorite thing to do)

    long winded meetings (just like you)- let's take care of business and move on!

    school fundraisers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2007 9:24 AM  

  • Those are horrible! Especially #3 and #9. Ugh.

    Things That Irritate Me:

    1. Waiting for a really important phone call only to have it come through while you're on the toilet.
    2. ...going #2.
    3. ...and then they don't answer when you call back.

    Aw shit. My WV is smenita. That's what it was when Blogger was acting up and no one could post.

    Please go through... Please go through...

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/09/2007 3:06 PM  

  • I'm irritated because I've got a post ready and Typepad is "unavailable".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2007 8:33 PM  

  • Tink: I got Smenita on 3 diff blogs today when I commented. I now am thinking this word must mean more than I thought it did.

    Wordigirl/Wordgirl - How did your name change? I think its kinda cute.

    TLC: Hate fundraisers?? Hush your mouth. I made some nice pocket change on school fundraisers last fall!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 1/09/2007 8:49 PM  

  • Heh..speaking of colonoscopies, apparently I have a bad family history of them..so I have to get my first one before I'm 40! Gulp!

    Yeah, John Mayer sucks.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 1/10/2007 12:17 AM  

  • I hate it when people finish my sentences. Not to be confused with interrupting people while they're talking (just as bad, but I'm usually the perpetrator, not the victim).
    I quite often don't intend to finish a sentence the way they presume to finish it for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2007 8:30 AM  

  • I hate it when my internet connection is slow. Drives me bonkers. I want it and I want it right NOW!!

    Um, let's see. I also can't stand how Oprah is trying to be all normal and 'fit in' cuz she's just like me. I don't THINK so!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2007 8:52 AM  

  • How about when your preschooler has homework? Do they actually think the kid is doing the homework?

    By Blogger Kelli, at 1/10/2007 10:34 AM  

  • Parents doing their kids' school projects for them! Ugh. Back away, people, let the kids do their own work and make some mistakes!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2007 1:11 PM  

  • similar to #3 i had a girl i know go on an on everyday about how unattractive her boyfriend was and how they had nothing in common and then she would break up with him and hours later they would be on the phone! this happened a couple days a week for 4 months! (they broke up.. for reals ...hee hee)finally.sometimes oprah says the dumbest things.

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 1/10/2007 10:31 PM  

  • About #9... Once, in mid-February, I was driving home from a long long day working in the cold rain at an engineering field project. The company bought all my stuff and I had two or three sets of rain gear in my truck. As I was splashing through an area near a hobo villiage in Portland, I saw a big hairy guy walking towards me, soaking wet, but actually pretty tidy. I grabbed some of the rain gear and held it out the window and asked him if he could use it. I was a little scared, but he smiled at me and said, "You betcha." He put it on right there and waved as I drove off. So that was fun.

    By Blogger Mignon, at 1/10/2007 11:28 PM  

  • I hate how quickly vegetables go bad. Every time I buy a cucumber, I feel like I'm playing Beat the Clock.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 1/12/2007 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home