DebbieDoesLife

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year!

Hope your Christmas holiday was a merry one. We had a good time. Traveled up to Oklahoma and then back through Dallas to see the family.

Here is my dog Kipper (on left) and my parents dog Bandit ripping apart poor Santa Claus. Now if that isn't Christmas cheer than I don't know what is!

I am not one for resolutions but I am making one this year. No, it isn't to lose weight. That is so passe' and one that I break immediately.

My resolution is to be more courageous. I find that fear has held me back my entire life. Fear of what? Not even sure. Fear of failing. Fear of stepping out of the box. Fear of disappointing others. I am at a point in my life that I realize my brain skills and self-discipline to not meet my own expectations of myself. Yes, its a little disappointing but its my own fault.

I want to go hiking. I usually talk myself out of going on trips destined for hiking areas because I know that the kids will whine and complain (and I have a fear of going against what the majority wants). I am making a solemn oath to push through that now. Why? Because its a give and take thing. I have done plenty of things (usually involving an animated movie, laser tag or video arcade) that my kids wanted to do and I didn't, so they can go hiking with me every now and then.

I would also like to start biking. I will need to purchase a nice road bike which will involve spending some money ( I have a fear of spending extravagantly on myself). So, I may try and find a used one or a cheaper version to begin with. There is a bike ride called the MS150 that goes from Houston to Austin and I have had a dream of riding in that some day. I will not say that it will be this year but maybe next (I have a fear of committment).

Side Note: I just got off the phone with Sharla and she is amazing!!! Go visit her blog and leave her a note of encouragement as she drives cross country to put her oldest son in a specialized school and begin a new life. Since she was driving through Texas (not close enough to actually meet) she emailed me her phone number so I called. It was like we had known each other and met long ago. I wish her the best. And for her sake, maybe Anderson Cooper isn't gay and will fall in love with her (inside joke). Good luck with your stalking of him Sharla!

ADDED: I am having trouble getting my link to work to Sharla's blog. Here is the address. Just click on it! http://sharladjones.blogdrive.com/

11 Comments:

  • Tell Sharla she's gonna have to share Anderson...

    Happy New Year and good luck with the resolutions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 1:57 PM  

  • Anderson is a cutie...even if he DOES play for "the other team". And I find that creating new habits helps me get rid of old ones. But...I'm going to start slow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 4:57 PM  

  • Good Lord...it's Wordgirl...not Wordigirl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 4:58 PM  

  • LMAO, I laughed so loud at the Anderson-falling-for-me comment (and no, I will NOT share! Hands off! Mine! All mine!!).... that I woke my dad up and he almost fell out of his bed :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2007 9:09 PM  

  • I'm going to be dull and make the same old resolution to lose weight. I have a big vacation coming up in June so hopefully that will be my motivation!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 7:25 AM  

  • I snorted my coffee with your happy warm thoughts of Christmas with the dogs ripping apart santa...
    Happy Fearless New year..

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 1/02/2007 10:31 AM  

  • Good for you, picking challenging resolutions! Fear is a killer. Keep us posted so we can cheer you on. Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 1/02/2007 2:00 PM  

  • That sounds like a great resolution! Something with instant rewards. And damn it girl, you deserve it. I popped over to your friend's blog. No time today, but I will definitely be back for more.

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/02/2007 3:39 PM  

  • Great resolution! Have you ever seen the movie "Defending your Life?" (It's kind of about overcoming fear, & that being the key to a happy and full life.)

    And Happy New Year Debbie!!

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 1/02/2007 9:37 PM  

  • I think you've got a wonderful New Year's resolution!! Courage is a wonderful thing to aspire to have more of. I think I will try to follow your example!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 1/03/2007 1:06 AM  

  • Happy New Year Debbie! I like your resolutions. It's amazing and a little scary when I think about all the things I've missed out on by being too afraid to try. Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home