DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cats and Dogs


It kills me the unfairness of stereotypes.

I am not talking about racial, social or economic - I am talking about men and women.

We women are the ones known to be "the talkers." Well, in my new job the majority of who I deal with are men. And, let me tell you, men are gossips. With a capital G.

Women now, are careful. When we want to gossip about someone we throw their name out there like this, "I saw Lorna Hasselhoffe the other day." Then we step back and see if the other women we are with will take the bait. If they say, "Oh yeah, I love her, how is she?" then you know to back off. If the answer is like this, "what's going on with her? I saw her the other day and she didn't even smile at me!" Then you know it's game on and go ahead and tell the juicy goodness you have on poor Lorna.

Now men? No such procedure. You may say, "Hey, I saw Billy Bob Jimbo the other day." They will respond with things such as, "He's a dumb ass and gettin' dumber by the day." or maybe a pleasant remark about how Billy Bob is looking these days like, "That som'bitch Billy Bob is such a dumbshit I saw him with his pants pulled up practically under his armpits! He is dumber than shit."

I don't know how women ever got labeled as gossipers.

You know I am all about bringing you vital, important and useful information. Do with this what you will.

11 Comments:

  • haha! That was a humourous blog. I agree with u that women should no longer be labelled as Gossipers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2007 1:25 AM  

  • We are not the gossips and we also have a better driving record!!!

    By Blogger Brenda, at 2/07/2007 10:53 AM  

  • Loved your last sentences. ;)

    I do like some good gossip, but my husband does just as much.

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 2/07/2007 2:24 PM  

  • How dare you let this (private and secret) information out.

    But Billy Bob is a dipshit!

    BigLuv

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2007 5:36 PM  

  • With that gossip comes vital information. I hate the unfair label, but AS GOD AS MY WITNESS I know that if something's going on at school with a teacher a student or a new rule change, I ask the mother of a female student. They traffic in information and the men are just out of the loop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2007 11:00 PM  

  • Yeah, but men don't call it gossip. They just say they're telling it like it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 7:48 AM  

  • What I hate is when women gossip and pretend they're not gossiping. This is a specialty of churches and Bible-belt communities.

    It works like this: Someone expresses sympathy and concern for Mary Jo. When the other woman says, "What's going on with Mary Jo?", the first one launches into all the dirt about Mary Jo's marriage, her rotten kids, or her drug habit or some such thing.

    The worst? Requesting "prayer" for someone as a cover to being the first to share that person's private biz.

    Snort.

    Ever seen the movie "Saved." Yeah, it's just like that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 7:57 AM  

  • OH man, I laughed really loud at your description of the way men talk. That is so true!! But I'd say that men don't think they're gossiping- they think they're just stating facts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 8:19 AM  

  • The stereotype I hate the most is that women are more needy. Apparently that was quoted off a man who didn't know he was needy, because reality has proven to be the exact opposite.

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/08/2007 10:37 AM  

  • Men among men, without PC being involved, will just be frank with the point. We have to be so political all day with bosses et al that when we get together, especially with a libatioin or two, we will just get to it. No beating around the bush. Take that anyway you want to.

    By Blogger Rock, at 2/09/2007 12:12 AM  

  • Aww, poor Billy Bob. He has no idea his best buddies are such catty backstabbers.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/09/2007 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home