DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Its all Spa-riffic!

For Christmas, the hubs gave me a gift card to a spa. There was a brochure included with the card so I have been drooling over the many services and trying to chose the perfect day in which to lavish my body with luxury.

It's amazing the number of services they offer and of course, since I don't do this very often I am very concerned about making the VERY RIGHT CHOICES!

Should I choose the Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, sports massage or the hot stone massage?

The hydrating therapeutic facial? the multi-vitamin facial? or the gentle, soothing facial?

I have had massages before, the last one was a few years ago in New Orleans. The hubs surprised me with a birthday trip AND he scheduled us for a couples massage. We changed into our white robes and then giggled when we saw each other again. We wanted to giggle when Hans and Franz came out to get us for our couples massage.

The massage was good. They did our fronts and then we turned over and stuck our face in the hole of the special table to get our backs done. Of course, you can't see each other at this point. Afterwards we were walking out and I just had to mess with my straight arrow, sweet, innocent husband.

me: How was your massage?
Hubs: Really good. What about you?
me: It was great! Especially when he rubbed my ass like that!

I tried to keep a straight face as the poor man's mouth fell open.

Back to my selections...This spa offers another service that I am not to sure about. THIS looks archaic and like some kind of medieval torture. Has any one out there done this? With my luck all that would happen is my hair would go up in flames! Yeah, like this guy.

11 Comments:

  • I'd take deep tissue and hydrating facial but that's me :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2007 10:06 AM  

  • I vote for Swedish and relaxing. Sports would be a little too rough and deep might hurt a bit.

    As for ear candles...I'd only do it if I had some sinus pressure but how about some reflexology??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2007 10:16 AM  

  • The ear candling thing grosses me out AND after I read about it, sounds like a scam.

    I am thinking the reflexology cuz me luvs my feet rubbed AND a scalp massage. That sounds dreamy.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 1/11/2007 10:22 AM  

  • I would have thought your husband might have made a face when the masseur was kneading your front!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2007 2:06 PM  

  • I read this three times, "The hydrating therapeutic facial?" and each time thought it said "therapeutic fellatio." Draw your own conclusions.

    Yeah, the ear candle thing is a scam. We bought an in-home kit for kicks a couple years ago and I did nearly light Jim's sideburns on fire. Which would've been in good thing, in hindsight.

    By Blogger Mignon, at 1/11/2007 2:42 PM  

  • I hate new blogger and the whole merging with Google IDs! My comments keep disappearing. I hope this doesn't show up twice!
    -----------
    That ear candling thing sounds like a load of crap to me. I mean, plus unless you have serious problems with excess ear wax or small ear canals, why do you NEED to be fully-dewaxed? I mean really? It's like those colon-flushes, which just seem ridiculous to me!

    I have to give props to your hubby though--great gift! Enjoy it and then come back and make us all jealous about it all, OK?

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 1/11/2007 9:53 PM  

  • That sounds like the world's most expensive Q-tip.

    I hope you enjoy every minute of your spa day, that's the best kind of present!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2007 8:40 AM  

  • I had a couples massage once (not with Hoop *blush). The guy really did massage my ass. It felt great too! hehe

    I hope your enjoy your spa treatment. Have a great weekend.

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/12/2007 1:48 PM  

  • Haven't tried ear candling myself. A friend did and said it was no big deal.

    My top three choices for spa services are:

    1. deep tissue massage
    2. deep tissue massage
    3. deep tissue massage

    Have fun!

    By Blogger Arabella, at 1/12/2007 2:10 PM  

  • With ear coning, you should only have it done if your homeopath recommends it... Stick to the massage...
    Soooooo very jealous....

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 1/14/2007 11:02 AM  

  • That sounds like a great gift! I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Kelli, at 1/14/2007 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home