DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Good Puke Story

Okay, I must admit I got this idea from The Thinker, but she wrote a very compelling post about her dad projectile vomiting while driving. There was a hermit crab involved also but you will have to read that yourself.

I decided we should all share a good puke story. Why? Cuz, we all got one. Me? I have several. Really, more than my share (I do have three kids - trust me, these kids could hit a target at 30 paces when they were infants!).

Go back with me to high school. Under-age drinking anyone?? My story began with an after graduation party, someone asking me to hold a bottle of vodka (is it my fault I CANNOT TASTE vodka - it freakin' tastes like water to me!) and when they came back for it the bottle was 3 quarters gone. Then the entertainment began! Watch Debbie vomit this way, and then that way! Passed out? That won't stop her! Need a party favor? Try barf in a bag!

This wayyyyyy cute guy named Mike M. (two years older than me and SUPER HOT!) ended up taking me home in his Jeep (HIS JEEP, PEOPLE!) and carrying me into my house. Obviously, my parents sleep like the dead. I walked like the dead the following day.

Moral of that story? Don't leave me alone with your bottle of vodka.

9 Comments:

  • Hahahaha..that's awesome. You've totally inspired my next post!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/01/2007 9:34 PM  

  • I sooooo have a picture for you! Not OF you.. .for you... keep watching.

    Toooo dang funny. I didn't drink in HS, so can't totally relate, but still... I'm laughing and laughing... and I SOOOOO desperately need a good laugh.

    Thank YOU

    By Blogger Brenda, at 2/01/2007 9:39 PM  

  • So you didn't throw up in his Jeep? That would have been funny.

    By Blogger thethinker, at 2/01/2007 9:47 PM  

  • I want to hear Mike M's version of the story--speaking of party favors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2007 8:23 AM  

  • So...
    How was your morning after????
    And what ever happened to Super Hot Mike MMMMMMM in his Super Hot Jeep of LOOOVE???

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 2/02/2007 9:03 AM  

  • I'll tell mine now:

    When our older two were 8 months old and 21 months old we drove our '73 Volkswagon Camperbus to California to see Mr. Half's youngest brother and his wife...right after Thanksgiving. We stopped at the Grand Canyon where and eventually made our way to the border of California. We ate in an awful Bakersfield diner (with black velvet paintings of Elvis and half-nude women in the hall near the bathroom). After that I was driving and Mr. Half began to feel awful. Soon...he was ill. I had to pull over near a viaduct so that he could open the sliding door in the side and...uh...lean out. He makes an awful noise when he's throwing up. Unearthly.

    We pulled over several times.

    Later, we heard a noise coming from the back and it was our 21-month old son. It sounded like he was ill, but he was laughing. He was imitating the awful noises his dad was making because he thought it was a game...and then he'd laugh like a hyena.

    Good times.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2007 2:37 PM  

  • omgawd puke stories are really in right now!! (did you read teahouse's yet?)

    happy weekend debbie

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 2/03/2007 11:27 PM  

  • Ouch. That makes me cringe just thinking about it. I'm not much of a puker myself unless too much alcohol is involved. I'm strangely proud of the fact that I haven't thrown up this entire pregnancy. But I figure I'll be seeing more than my fair share of vomit in the next few months.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2007 10:43 AM  

  • I was once put in charge of a bottle of Vodka at a party by a friend, who LEFT half way through the night. So I sipped a bit (OK, a lot) and continued to bat away hands who grabbed for it. Including that of an undercover cop. Did I mention I was only 16 at the time? Yeah... The one and only time my smile and some watery eyes saved my ass.

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/06/2007 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home