DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Things that make me go whee!

First of all, thank you for all the kind words about Sandy. I wore black on Monday just to honor her memory. And, told everyone I met that day about my horrible weekend. I am sure they appreciated it. (don't roll your eyes, I can see you, STOP IT!)

On to this week, how many posts can I have about things that irritate me? Obviously, many. I do believe it's limitless.

You are welcome to join in with anything that has irritated you this week. I may have overlooked something.

1. People who call shopping carts "buggies". Is there any other way to advertise that you are a hick from the sticks than using this term?

2. People who have to make a big deal about telling a blonde joke around me. I don't care and I don't get offended. It offends me more that you would think I would be offended. Or better yet, the person who wanted to tell an "off color" joke but was afraid that I was "too conservative" to hear it. WTF???? When have I ever given off those vibes??

3. People who drink White Zinfandel. This is not wine it is Kool-Aid.

4. People who use the word "classy". Trust me, if you have to say you are classy, the chances are pretty slim that you actually are. So sorry to be the one to break the news to you but hey, this is a public service announcement.

5. The word Cool. See #4 and apply the same rules.

6. T.V.'s everywhere I go. Tonight I had to put gasoline into my car while watching the GSTV (Gas Station Television) I feel so in the movie Minority Report.

7. People who keep track of the price of gas. I'm sorry. I put the freakin' nozzle in and buy the gas. I don't really care if I paid one or two more cents than someone else. I would rather keep track of the price of milk or eggs. (I paid $2.50 for a gallon of milk tonight! Beat that!!)

I'm out.

11 Comments:

  • White Zinfandel!! I've always called it "training wheels wine"

    And I paid $3.89 for a gallon of milk. We must have gourmet cows here in NJ

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 1/30/2007 10:04 PM  

  • I agree with #6. Ed Brandon is annoying enough on regular TV, I have to watch his weather report while I pump my gas?

    I was totally excited to see gas drop below $2. You soccer mom. I bet you drive an SUV. I am going to dent it with my buggy. Then I am going to celebrate with a glass of white zinfandel. Now THAT is classy.

    By Blogger Trish, at 1/31/2007 3:51 AM  

  • Okay, I'd be annoying the hell out of you, Debbie. I always call my cart a 'buggy', I'll drive 10 miles out of my way to get cheap gas (I drive about 600 miles/week so it's worth it) and I say 'cool' all the time with my kids.

    By Blogger Renee, at 1/31/2007 8:21 AM  

  • 1. I've never heard that term for shopping carts. Along the same lines, why has the word "sandwich" been singled out by so many people to be held back to the infant's pronunciation, "sammich"? That grates on me so.

    2. I hate it when people tell brown-haired jokes around me, so I just presumed blondes would feel the same way about blonde jokes.
    So I can go ahead and tell you all of those off-color jokes now?

    3. I agree. No snobbery, just fact.

    4. For obvious reasons no one ever uses the word "classy" around me.

    5. Guilty. I guess I can suffer with not being cool.

    6. I think the GSTV is cool.

    7. If you're watching GSTV while you're pumping gas you're getting the gas for about $1.85 a gallon. Bravo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2007 9:46 AM  

  • Yes, I'm with you on the White Zin, it's pink wine for god's sake.

    Okay, now mine:
    Maternity clothes that have to be ironed. Are you freaking kidding me?

    My mother in law insisting on throwing me a baby shower, inviting all her friends and not listening to me and Jeff when we say we're really not into the whole "baby shower" thing.
    All our friends live out of town for the most part so who's even going to come to this thing?

    The fact that they don't make sheets in the same size as the mattresses that go on bassinets. WTF?

    Thanks for letting me vent... I feel so much better now ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2007 4:20 PM  

  • I agree with #7. Updates about a one cent increase per gallon is not breaking news.

    By Blogger thethinker, at 1/31/2007 6:34 PM  

  • Hahahha..I think the word "buggy" is kind of cute, actually. Makes me think of baby buggies.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 1/31/2007 8:44 PM  

  • People who are incapable of using a turn signal, mostly because they are yammering into their cell phones.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 1/31/2007 10:30 PM  

  • 1. never heard of shopping carts being called buggies.
    2. ditto
    3. ditto
    4. guilty
    5. guilty
    6. didn't know that- obviously I get my gas at the corner store
    7. ditto

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2007 7:31 AM  

  • buggies? for shopping carts. wow. Not in the Pacific Northwest. Well, that's if you've lived here over 20 years. Recent transplants... maybe. But I haven't heard that.

    Classy? I'm so far from classy. Jeans people. Jeans and t-shirt or fleece jacket.

    I have no clue about the price of gas. I have a company gas card. neener neener.

    And I only pay $1.98 for milk and not tax. another neener neener.

    I'm cool. ;-)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 2/01/2007 8:12 PM  

  • hilarious. never heard a cart called buggie... i agree with #4 classy, and i personally cannot stand when people (usually women) say "been there, done that"

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 2/03/2007 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home