DebbieDoesLife

Friday, June 15, 2007

It's Friday...Already??

This week has flown by. Summer has arrived which where I live means a daily dousing of rain mixed with 90+ temps. Now that's lovely weather. Especially for my hair.

We saw the traveling Broadway show Spamalot this week. The best parts were the ones from the movie Monty Python and The Holy Grail. The rest of it was just okay. But, that type of humor is not really my favorite. I am not a "Three Stooges" kind of person. Actually, I find Monty Python to be kind of like Napoleon Dynamite. When you watch the actual movie you sit there thinking...."this is stupid" but then when you TELL someone else about it, you find yourself laughing your ass off.

I must report the useage of an "irregardless" this week. How can I get the message to the masses that this is NOT a word???

My parents are funny people. If you give them something they will act like it is the BEST THING ever. It's nice. More people should learn to be gift receivers like this.

My Dad: "I got the first box of fruit from the Fruit of the Month club you sent. Pears and cherries are my favorite fruits."

me: "Really?"

My Dad: "The cherries are amazing! They are practically the size of apples and are the best I have ever tasted!"

me: "Wow, that's great."

Of course, I have not actually witnessed these gargantuan cherries and they are probably just normal sized but it made me feel really good as the Gift Giver.

Happy Father's Day to everyone out there. I'm so grateful to still have mine.

3 Comments:

  • Sweet post about gift-receiving. We got fruit of the month from 2 different people last year. We LOVED it!

    By Blogger Renee, at 6/15/2007 8:30 AM  

  • Ah, I get to see Spamalot next week the Vegas show....so probably condensed. I usually don't go for mindless comedies, however, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is my one exception.

    Better not be bragging too much about giving away your cherries!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 6/15/2007 8:16 PM  

  • Ooh...you have such a sweet father.

    Not only he is a great gift receiver, but he also makes you and your readers laugh.

    Happy Father's Day to your lovely Dad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/18/2007 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home