DebbieDoesLife

Friday, April 21, 2006

Me?? A Celebrity??

I am ALL about being a celebrity! Yes, I want to carry a tiny dog around in my purse! Yes, I want to be known for having NO talent or making NO contribution to humanity! Yes, I want everyone to want to be me!

MIGNON over at Thought Concoction told me that my picture yesterday made me look like a cute Teri Garr (I am living on the fact that she put cute in front of that name). Then she asked me if I went to a website that she recently blogged about. No, I hadn't gone. I just knew that I would be told I looked like Shelley Winters or Margaret Cho or worse, Tinkerbell, you know, Paris's only true friend.

Yesterday, curiosity got the better of me and let me be a cautionary tale for the rest of you.

If you go to www.myheritage.com it will make you join as a member first. Then you upload a picture and it will give you a list of celebrities you resemble. And, may I add that having two eyes and a mouth guarantees you will resemble someone that looks like they are using a dart board to determine this.

Here is the picture that I uploaded. No, I don't think it makes me look like a celebrity but I needed a picture of just me that the "magical machine" could see.

Here is my ego-humbling list of celebrity look-a-likes

Mariah Carey (now I need emancipation)

Beyonce Knowles (why am I being compared to black women?? I don't even tan!)

Joan Collins (??)

Jeanne Moreau (the pic of her made her 100 if she was a day - and mighty unattractive)

Faye Dunaway

Meryl Streep (Hey, award winning!)

Joan Cusack (I am not flattered- funny but not flattering)

Miranda Richardson

Diane Kruger (now she is a hot blonde that I would LIKE to be compared to. Don't know who the hell she is but she is very pretty)

So, only go if you want a good laugh. And your self esteem is in good working order.

15 Comments:

  • Hey, those are some decent matches. I did that a while ago and while I did get a few nice matches (I think Katie Holmes was one of them and yeah, okay, she's cute) but I seriously got scarred when Elton John was like, the third match for me.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 4/21/2006 6:40 AM  

  • I think Mignon's right...Teri Garr is a pretty close match. However, since I dislike Terri Garr (I'm not really sure why, but it might have something to do with the number of times Hubby has made me sit through "Young Frankenstein"), my vote is for Meryl Streep. Brains, talent AND looks. Good Match!

    By Blogger The Gradual Gardener, at 4/21/2006 7:04 AM  

  • Yeah, stick with Meryl Streep - intelligent, talented and beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 7:27 AM  

  • I did it. The only comparison I'm willing to talk about is Sarah Michelle Gellar. I look about as much like her as I do Eddie Murphy, but I'm clinging to that, nonetheless.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 4/21/2006 8:30 AM  

  • I did that a long time ago. The thing basically measures the space between your pupils or something. If you do it more than once you'll get different answers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 9:00 AM  

  • I don't really see any of those as a close resmblance to you.
    I do love that picture though, you look so kicky and cute :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 9:32 AM  

  • How in the world can a computer program accurately determine who you resemble? *Looks back at list* Well obviously it can't.

    I think you're uniquely beautiful. Be glad you DONT resemble most those people on the list.

    By Blogger Tink, at 4/21/2006 1:32 PM  

  • You're much cuter than Teri Garr!

    I did the pupil match one a long time ago and got pissed because it told me I was a very close match for Tori Spelling.

    This time, I really love my results!

    Anna Kornikova
    Catherine Zeta Jones
    Mischa Barton
    Sally Field
    and...this is a good one...
    KD Lang (WTF???)

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 4/21/2006 5:38 PM  

  • I don't know if I want to try.

    Okay. I do.

    And also, I think you are way cuter than any of those people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 6:20 PM  

  • Apparently, I need to work for myheritage. My immediate thought when I saw the photo was Meryl Streep. I think she's very pretty.

    I am so not going to that site.

    By Blogger The Queen Mama, at 4/21/2006 11:18 PM  

  • haha! i'm JLo.

    WEll that, but if I were a man, turns out I'd be Ben Stiller.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 11:59 PM  

  • I do see the resemblance between you & Beyonce. Really. ;)

    (you're quite pretty)

    By Blogger jane, at 4/22/2006 3:08 AM  

  • Hmmmm......my matches were Shania Twain (I'll take that!), Jessica Alba (Ya, baby!) Kareena Kapoor (don't know who she is but very pretty), Ofra Haza (??) and Oprah. Apparently my look must be pretty ethnic I guess. Funny thing..I down loaded my kids and we had several overlaps (Ofra Haza, Jessica Alba and Kareena Kapoor) Don't think the boys would appreiciate that mostly women came back for their images but interesting none the less. My husband was Richard Grere....not bad!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/22/2006 12:26 PM  

  • I didn't do it yet, but I can only imagine who it would come up with. Maybe Morticia Adams . .

    By Blogger Renee, at 4/23/2006 3:30 AM  

  • I can definitely see a resemblance between you and Beyonce in that pic.

    By Blogger Trish, at 4/26/2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home