DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Walk A Mile In My Shoes


Let me introduce you. See these pretty little shoes? Don't they beckon to you? They did to me and I bought them. I thought "the perfect shoe for summer!" They flirted with me from the store shelf and I fell for it. I thought they would only be this cute for me but no. They are just a dimestore hussy who has tried that line on anyone and everyone.

Don't they look comfortable? Well, think again. I have renamed them from Cutest Shoes of Summer 2006 and will now dub thee, FootWear of Excruciating Pain.

Yesterday I wore them to a birthday lunch for a friend. Then I was going to run to Wal-mart since my children were crying that we had NO food (aka no crap/junk in the pantry). By the time I walked from the restaurant to my car the top of one food was bleeding. I considered going home but I am a terrible homing pigeon who once I get home will not leave again. So, I made myself go to Wal-Mart.

By the time I walked across the parking lot of Wal-mart (mincing, cute but mincing) I went straight to the band-aid aisle, ripped open a box (a woman watched me fascinated and I almost growled "What are you looking at?") and put band-aids on my feet right there.

My baby toes are NOT usually that color of red and there are blisters on the tops of my feet.

By last night I was thinking that I am finally breaking these shoes in! I will win. They will accept my feet and like it!

P.S. Yes, I bought the box of band-aids.

9 Comments:

  • OOOUUUCCCHHH.

    I hate it when shoes betray me like that. I have even taking to carrying around Band-Aids and Chapstick (a little-known trick: apply Chapstick to feet to ease the friction of strappy sandals).

    By Blogger Arabella, at 4/12/2006 8:05 AM  

  • Ooh, good tip Arabella! And, cute shoes, Debbie! The pain women go through to be beautiful...sigh...

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 4/12/2006 8:15 AM  

  • Chapstick??? I've never heard of that. What a great idea!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 4/12/2006 9:13 AM  

  • OUCH! But pretty feet anyway. I have chunky, highly unattractive feet.

    By Blogger Renee, at 4/12/2006 9:37 AM  

  • But look how pretty your pedicure is! I am very jealous as my friend Adrianne accused me of having gorilla toes the other day.

    I have a pair of sandals like that too. Same style, except min are more open/latticework on top. And they kill my feet if I wear them for any walking whatsoever. But I still wear them because I am a slave to fashion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2006 10:01 AM  

  • Yeah, the leather or fake stuff they use today just does NOT give. It wants to make our feet conform... yeah right! I wore a nice sandal on Sunday for about two hours and have blisters/torn skin on my big toes, pinky toes, and the same spot as you. Personally I love flip flops!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2006 12:32 PM  

  • I feel for ya, honey. The day I had a really important job interview for a really kickass job right out of college, I wore these cute litle mock-Mary Jane's. I had to walk from the subway to the radio station and the first thing I said to my interviewer was, "Do you have a bandaid or seven?" I was making squishy noises when I walked because there was blood in my shoes. I got the job but had to take the next two days off because I couldn't walk.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 4/12/2006 12:43 PM  

  • I'm currently healing from cute flats I bought. Chewed up my heels something fierce. And I've worn them before. Even once shoes are broken in, I find the temperature can make a huge blister difference. I think I might try the Chapstick trick.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 4/12/2006 12:48 PM  

  • I had a similar experience....I bought the 'perfect summer sandal' take take along with me to Mexico. We were staying in Playa Del Carmen and decided to take the boat across the bay and spend a day in Cozumel. This would be the perfect time to wear my spankin' new super cute perfect summer sandal........NOT!!! OUCH! Blood, blisters and swelling followed. I was freakin' miserable all day but damn if I am gonna walk barefoot around Cozumel. Not exactly the cleanest streets I have seen. I learned a painful lesson that day......DON'T WEAR BRAND NEW SHOES ON AN ALL DAY WALKING TRIP IN MEXICO!!!............................I have to admit though.....I sure looked good!! :-) It's not how you feel, it is how you look.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home