DebbieDoesLife

Friday, March 10, 2006

Feeding Our Brains

I know you have long thought that I sit around in my spare time and read the dictionary, works of fine literary value and the encyclopedia.....and I do ;) BUT when I'm not, my husband and I are guilty of a well, -- a guilty pleasure.

There are some nights when you just don't want to get to committed to a t.v. show. Not in the mood for a movie or another one of those damn Law & Order shows. Murder, murder, murder. Every now and then I am in the mood for just a light taste of escapism. Sometimes Howard Stern satisfies. Can you ever get tired of girls peeling their clothes off and asking the ugliest man in the world to tell them if they are worthy of Playboy?

If you do then head on over HERE . Forget your troubles, come on get happy....along with Granddaddy Hef and the girls!

I like to refer to Kendra as "Sporty Spice." She's all tough and competitive underneath all that silicone. And don't let Holly fool you - the peroxide has not eaten away her desire to scratch the other girl's eyes out and stab them to death to get Hef all to herself. Bridget is just annoying.

This is one of those shows that I have to talk to all throughout. I am sure my poor husband gets tired of my running commentary but you know, there are at least 3 other t.v.'s in the house if it bothers him THAT much. I have to talk back to these plastic bitches.

Each girls owns about 10 dogs all under 10 pounds. Who picks up all the dog poop?

The girls' days consist of going to the salon, bouncing around in bathing suits and planning parties. Oh, and every Saturday night is movie night at the mansion! Their lives have real meaning, people!

And tell me seriously, do they REALLY have sex with Hef? The man treats them like a doting grandfather and I don't see any chemistry here. Unless the chemistry is "coming" in the form of a little blue pill.

15 Comments:

  • You know, I don't find Hef all that attractive...but I bet that man knows ALL the tricks....;)

    By Blogger Jan, at 3/10/2006 9:57 PM  

  • I agree. I watch this show too but I dont know why...kinda like having to see that really bad car wreck. Hev does treat them like kids not lovers. I doubt it really that he has sex anymore. Well, atleast I dont want to think about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2006 12:26 AM  

  • I've never watched it, but I wouldn't judge you for finding it entertaining. I am an unapologetic Howard Stern listener,(he's the smartest man in show business) so I would probably find some humor in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2006 12:24 PM  

  • I have not been able to watch anything that was not created by an artist or a computer for months now.....

    I gave up on Howard, I get grossed out too easily.

    And Hef? I still hold out hope he might grow up someday, but you gotta love a man who wears jammies and dates that many women at one time.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 3/11/2006 1:03 PM  

  • I have *always* wondered if Hef sleeps with all of those 'bunnies'. Does he?

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 3/11/2006 5:51 PM  

  • Every thing I thought of to say about Hef and his show makes me sound like a real gfeezer, so I am just going with "YUCK!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2006 9:41 PM  

  • My guess is that the hubbs is more then willing to put up with your 'running commentary'....he gets lots and lots of eye candy out of the deal!! Let me say this..it proves that you are comfortable in your own skin and a confident women to be able to watch that kind of show at all. I can watch them sometimes but I usually walk away (although realizing logically that they are literally half my age and got that way thanks to quite a lot of surgical help) finding myself thinking ...."Damn, I wish my boobs still both faced due North when I laid flat on my back instead of one heading East and other heading West". But, Oh well...the girls have fed three babies, what more can I ask of them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2006 10:42 PM  

  • Oh, I've meant to watch that show so many times & keep forgetting the date, time & channel. I saw them with him (he grosses me out) on Larry King & they're all just so shallow. I don't think they're dumb though. They're using what they've got, brains or not, to make money & maybe it will someday pay for their education...hmmm, I dunno though.

    By Blogger jane, at 3/12/2006 1:52 AM  

  • I think Hef's deal at this point is all an act. Like the Tom Cruise marriage, I suspect, it is publicity fodder. Even with the blue pill, that guy surely would have had a sex-induced heart attack by now, right? HA!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 3/12/2006 9:27 AM  

  • I guess that's just another reason I'm happy to have rabbit ears; I don't think that all the yelling I'd have to do at the TV would be so great for my bloog pressure

    By Blogger Heather, at 3/12/2006 9:22 PM  

  • Everytime I catch that show I find myself morbidly transfixed. I almost killed myself with dehydration the day they had a marathon. I totally agree with your descriptions of the girls and that Hef acts like a doting grandfather to them.

    The only time I've ever seen chemistry with him and someone on the show was that day his old time GF stopped by for a visit. Then again it could have been the fact that she's his age. :)

    By Blogger Tink, at 3/13/2006 10:39 AM  

  • Does he have something against brunettes? I feel so left out.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 3/13/2006 9:36 PM  

  • I've never understood the attraction to Hef.

    By Blogger The Queen Mama, at 3/13/2006 10:48 PM  

  • Not understand the attraction?? How could you not want a guy with a bad combover and a smoking jacket!

    Sheesh, you women are judgmental.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 5:05 AM  

  • I never really thought Hef was sexy, hot etc. even in his younger days. No chemistry. My guess is that it's all part of an image, and the real Hef we won't know until he dies and someone writes a tell-all book. Do you think any of the bunnies can write...or read?

    By Blogger Carmel, at 3/14/2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home