DebbieDoesLife

Monday, February 27, 2006

Spur of the Moment

I will celebrate my anniversary this May. Fifteen years! It has not been hard either. You know how people say "Marriage is a lot of hard work" and I believe it is for some, but my hubby and I just naturally get along and it has been easy.

Here's my gripe about marriage and kids. The lack of spontaneity. I hate having to wait until 10pm or so to "get it on," "do the bone dance," "show my humps." Let me tell you, by 10pm and a long day with kids and work this is how sexy I usually sound - ZZZzzzzzzzzz.

Nooners were made for me. I am all about having the lights on and indulging in a little Afternoon Delight. When we were first married the hubby had a job that enabled him to leave for lunch AND we lived closer to the office so when he got the phone call, he was ready and able to please. He's still ready and able but unfortunately covered up in meetings and presentations and its a 30 minute commute.

We are all about "sneaking around" and believe me our kids used to think we were the most well-rested couple in America cuz we were always announcing "We are taking a nap - be quiet!" and sometimes we did sleep but I can see how for some couples this could be a problem. Luckily, we have ALWAYS had to sneak around. My hubby now has adopted my oldest. So, we have always had kids and always had to sneak around - you know, giving each other the look....letting a little guy know that he can play video games while mommy and daddy take a "shower" (no, not that kind of shower - clean up your dirty mind!).

It just seems like lately we've been busy on the weekends and not able to catch up on our "sleep." Busy with scouting, track meets, working on our house plans and lot....life gets in the way of romance. Luckily, this weekend while I was in the shower on Saturday after the hubby and I went for a run, he stepped in and "washed my back." We still got it.

11 Comments:

  • Hmmm...Much harder to comment on these types of entries now that my mom is blogging too. Suffice it to say that Hubby's a morning guy, and our daughter sleeps late on the weekends.

    Congratualtions on the fifteen years!

    By Blogger The Gradual Gardener, at 2/27/2006 7:06 AM  

  • I've been married 15 too. But, I must say, I'm envious of your "naptimes" and the fact that you still have it. That's really awesome!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 2/27/2006 8:22 AM  

  • Yay! Baby got "back"! :)

    By Blogger Arabella, at 2/27/2006 9:25 AM  

  • 15 years, way to go! I think it's great that you guys still find time for "showers" and "naps." Too many people let that fall into disuse. You give me hope for the future. ;)

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/27/2006 10:45 AM  

  • Here's to fifteen more! *raises her cold cup of decaf at the computer screen*

    I hear you on the logistical problems. And why doesn't some wise soul make showers a little more "married couple" friendly? You know there must be some shower designers out there with kids too...

    GG - Ha! Thank goodness my mom doesn't read the comments on my friends' sites!

    By Blogger Mignon, at 2/27/2006 11:36 AM  

  • I beat you to 15 years! ha! (I know, it's not a contest! Sheesh)

    HAHA. He "washed your back."

    Did you "wash his front?"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 1:32 PM  

  • A visual I didn't need: You getting it on. Someone shoot me now. There's just some things about your friends you don't want to know!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 2:43 PM  

  • Thanks! That just lowered my self-esteem 100 notches!!

    I think SJ thinks of me as a "mother-figure" but honey, I is ALL woman!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 2/27/2006 2:47 PM  

  • It doesn't matter if it is debbie or someone who is 20...I don't need the visual.

    But that's my fault for reading!!!

    Here's a way to boost that self esteem: I can only hope to lose my baby weight and look half as good as you do. "Anne Taylor HOmeless" my ass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 2:59 PM  

  • When we built our bathroom, we put in an extra large shower with two shower heads for that very reason ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 4:45 PM  

  • Mornings are good, too...

    Congratulations on almost 15 years!

    By Blogger The Queen Mama, at 2/28/2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home