DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Totally Freaking Out!

I have been unable to sleep or sit down since the mail came yesterday. I got a letter from the agent I sent my query letter regarding my nonfiction book and HE WANTS TO SEE THE SAMPLE CHAPTERS AND PROPOSAL!!!!

Its a long way from that seat next to Oprah but at least its a step in the right direction.

Last night, amidst the tossing and turning I actually had a dream about a fellow blogger. I was at a convention (what kind?? Couldn't tell but it didn't look like Vegas and it was mainly women and not a bunch of insurance salesman in bad suits looking for hookers - not that I have ever had that dream either) and I knew I was meeting an agent who wanted to see my work. The agent was none other than our own TB of Soul Gardening. She was the agent that wanted to read my work and can I say she was just as cute in my dream as in her pictures!

When I woke up at 4 am I couldn't get back to sleep. My husband being the wonderful man that he is went running with me. We hit the pavement at 4:20 and put in 3 miles.

I have a friend editing my stuff right now (she has been published a few times and is a really good editor!) and I should have it back by tomorrow and then I can send it to the agent!!

Also, Congrats to my frequent commentor, constant supporter, and also very good editor, TLC. She is a hot, sexy grandma as of last night. Miss Emily is adorable!!

17 Comments:

  • Good Luck Debbie!! That is very exciting. Keep me posted!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 6:18 AM  

  • What great news! Congradulations!

    By Blogger The Gradual Gardener, at 2/16/2006 6:31 AM  

  • Woo hoooooo!! Congratulations to you! I'm excited for you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/16/2006 6:40 AM  

  • Very cool! I hope it works out!

    By Blogger Heather, at 2/16/2006 6:55 AM  

  • This brand new Grandma is very tired, but VERY happy after a roller coaster of an evening.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 7:02 AM  

  • Yes! This is great news! We'll all help you pick out your outfits when you do the morning talk shows. ; )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 7:30 AM  

  • Wow....Congratulations!

    By Blogger Arabella, at 2/16/2006 7:44 AM  

  • Oh wow! That is great news. Congratulations.
    And while I would be thrilled to be your agent, you may want representation from someone who actually knows how to sell a book. All I can sell is auto glass ;o)

    Last night I dreamed that James Taylor hit on me while I was backstage at a concert and I convinced Jeff that it was a good thing for me to go home with him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2006 7:56 AM  

  • That is AWESOME, Debbie! I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted with the whole process...this is major!!!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 2/16/2006 8:25 AM  

  • How exciting, Debbie! Congratulations.

    By Blogger Renee, at 2/16/2006 9:18 AM  

  • That's amazing news! Congrats. Now... *Puts on glasses and pulls out clipboard* Perhaps TB was in your dream as a way of putting a friendly face on a scary process. Hmmm?

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/16/2006 10:20 AM  

  • CONGRATULATIONS!! That's awesome news!

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 2/16/2006 10:36 AM  

  • Congratulations on the exciting news. Good luck!

    By Blogger Trish, at 2/16/2006 11:04 AM  

  • Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

    Tink - you kill me, interpreting my dreams.

    TB - you could soooo be my agent.

    V-Grrrl - I will definately need help pulling together my Oprah outfits, when the time comes.

    Thanks again!!

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 2/16/2006 11:48 AM  

  • Congrats!!! I wonder if your dream was about Blogher ~
    http://surfette.typepad.com/blogher/2005/10/save_these_date.html

    They have an annual woman's convention. The url is also blogher.org

    best of luck to you!

    By Blogger jane, at 2/16/2006 1:14 PM  

  • Congratulations! I hope the book is published. I am so excited for you!

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 2/16/2006 10:27 PM  

  • I am ever the cautious forager... Can you tell me who you sent it to? There is a pile of renowned scammers out there. Did you check up on this person on Predators and Editors? (Don't wanna pop yer bubble, but really, if it wasn't a good thing, wouldn't you like to know NOW??)If they are legit, then, GREAT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2006 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home