DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just cuz I Know U R Worried....

Here I am on vacation. I knew everyone out there was so worried about me and felt the need to just check in. So, no Clickmom I don't believe this makes you "win". This isn't really a post. Its just me bragging about what I am doing whilst on "va-cay".

Monday - work out at the gym. Come home, sit on sofa and eat dark chocolate truffles. Discovered that after 6 of them they don't taste as good UNTIL after you drink a big glass of milk. Go get a pedicure. Have the following convo for the millionth time with the Asian Nail Lady.

ANL: You off work today?
me: uh, no. Not really.
ANL: You no work?
me: Well, out of my house.
ANL: You husband - he keep you?
me: I like to feel that I allow him to dedicate himself to his career by taking care of all things house and kids related and...
ANL: so you husband keep you?
me: uh, yeah.

Tuesday - read all my fav blogs. Email Wordgirl and badger her into writing a new post. I was tired of looking at the Texas sunset. That shit happens everyday where I live - I wanted something new! I don't care that she is busy doing charity painting on a table. I want something to read! Okay, put me down as the opening bid, Wordgirl, $50!!

Spent time dreaming about going to B-List Bloggers Convention in Savannah....who can I room with that won't snore? Or at least goes to sleep after me and has to listen to me snore?

Go to post office and mail query letter to agents that I met at a Writer's Conference in Sept for my nonfiction book idea. Yes, that is what I am working on this week. I met someone and we are coming up with this nonfiction how-to book. You'll die when I tell you what its about. How to catch a cheating spouse. I read it to my Writer's Group on Monday night and they all burst into applause and have assured me that my day on Oprah is right around the corner.

I am also busy working on a big presentation. The retirement community that I write and design their newsletter is one of four and I am going to present to the other three so I can quadruple my business!!

Back to work, I mean vacation. This is so not a post.

10 Comments:

  • Sounds like a great idea for a book. Oprah will be calling you. (Or her PEOPLE will be calling!)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2006 6:35 AM  

  • You take care of the house & kids...And run a business out of your home...Your husband BETTER keep you!

    By Blogger The Gradual Gardener, at 2/08/2006 6:47 AM  

  • Wheww!! Thanks, I was worried!!

    By Blogger Renee, at 2/08/2006 7:39 AM  

  • Looks like a post. Sounds like a post. I'm thinking it IS a post. :) Glad you're enjoying your mini-vacation! Thanks for the update... Even if it is "bragging."

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/08/2006 8:58 AM  

  • Oh my god. The book. Can I be a contributor? Of course I never caught my ex husband when he was cheating on me, but I definitely know the signs in hindsight. Good luck with it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2006 2:18 PM  

  • Will you still talk to me after you get all famous? Please? I'll bring truffles to Savannah.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 2/08/2006 3:15 PM  

  • Not a post, not a girl, not yet a woman.....

    Well, you have a plan, a book and something to brag about.

    I wanna read your book and yes, remember we knew you when....

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 2/08/2006 10:10 PM  

  • Hi Debbie,
    I've moved my blog to a new domain, if I'm on
    your blog list or blogroll, would you please update
    it to: http://www.janelovestarzan.com. My other
    blog is no longer active.
    Fondly,
    Jane

    By Blogger jane, at 2/08/2006 11:52 PM  

  • As the former mistress of a married man, I may be able to shed a different light on things.

    I don't mind outing my kind.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/09/2006 8:32 AM  

  • Me no work.

    Me husband--he keeps me.

    Me no have work permit to work here.

    Me no loser. Me preten me ARTIST.

    Me also a bit of a slob.

    But me husband--he keeps me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home