DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Totally Random

Random thoughts, random acts....

Why do unhappy people feel the need to go into their work place and kill others, then kill themselves? Why can't they just commit suicide without dragging several other souls along? The recent postal killing spree made me remember the first one. It was 1986 and it was in my own home town. 14 people died that day. The day Patrick Sherril decided to make history.

Why is this phenomenon happening? What has changed in our society that makes people act out in such a violent way? And why are postal workers so damn unhappy?? Has no one studied this? Do zip codes drive you crazy? Is it the glue on the envelopes?

Two jobs I could never do:

Proctocologist
Pedicurist (is that what they are called?)

I was in Wal-mart and being a super Wal-mart it of course has everything in the world a person could ever and never need. Groceries, clothes, gardening supplies, bank, McDonald's, hair salon, automotive shop, photography, opthamologist, monogramming, pharmacy AND a nail salon. There was a woman in there and just between you and me, this woman was BIG. And even from the distance I stood I can tell you she had some butt-ugly feet. Right away, I thought, Whoa! I could never touch those feet, let alone trim the nails, massage and clean the toe jam out from under those toes.

Look at this picture! Doesn't it look like something out of Lord of The Rings? The horse is wearing knight gear.

And my last thought....are turn signals optional on vehicles now? Am I the only one who buys a car with them these days? Well, then this is to the driver of the piece of shit van who just had to cross two lanes and practically take me out to get to KFC - can you stick your arm out the window or something next time? Is a piece of artery clogging fried chicken really worth it? Just wondering.

11 Comments:

  • I can answer the post office question, I think. The post office has preference to veterans or anyone in Federal Service. If you are disabled (mentally included)then they like you even better. Really. Anyway, the PO operates under some insane guidelines. The work conditions are nutso. The reason the mailman is smiling at you is because he is CRAZY. After working there for two years, I was going crazy. Seriously- I was in the manic stage of Bi-Polar disorder and the supervisor was pretty much a moron. He didn't see the gleam in my eye and I threatened to kill him. He sent me home. Because I was psychotic at this point I went home, thought about how much I'd like to murder the lot of them (him, and everyone else I didn't like) and pretty much didn't have a rational thought left except for one. Was it, 'murder is wrong'? Nope. It was, 'I'll go to jail and I am pregnant so that would suck.' Lucky for them, right? A couple of days later (called in sick) my mania went down and I was okay again.

    This lady was not operating on a full deck o' cards. In a psychotic state an individual does NOT think like you and me (okay, me on medication, anyway). As you were thinking, why the 'go postal' thing? Welp, as I said before a huge lot of them are already half crazy. Current postal workers may or may not agree with me, but hey, two months ago in Yuma someone I worked with was thrown into prison till he croaks for pedophilia. See?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2006 9:10 PM  

  • I wonder why postal workers do this as well. I actually wrote my post about guns before I heard about the shooting. Really, just take yourself out and leave everyone else out of it. I would like to say that to Andrea Yates as well.

    The car blinkers - that just gives people notice that you are moving and they will need to hurry up to cut you off.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 2/01/2006 11:56 PM  

  • My in-laws are postal workers.

    'Nuff said.

    By Blogger The Gradual Gardener, at 2/02/2006 6:43 AM  

  • I've often thought about dropping everything and opening a spa, but without pedicures.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 2/02/2006 7:42 AM  

  • I don't think suicide was Jennifer Sanmarco's main purpose. I think it was simply her way of removing herself from the punishment. She was a seriously demented chick with some major race issues. This would have probably happened no matter where she had worked.

    I'm totally with you on the Pedicurist position. I HATE feet. I can deal with the feet of people I know. But I'm not coming near a stranger's.

    Sounds like the van that cut you off was having a serious craving. LOL Let's just hope all that greasy chicken catches up with him/her.

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/02/2006 9:54 AM  

  • These questions that don't have answers upset me the most. Because the more I think about it, the more questions I end up with. It's another reason to support some sort of gun control isn't it?
    Maybe if these people didn't have such easy access to weapons some of these tragedies could be prevented.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 12:01 PM  

  • The whole 'killing spree' phenomenon has, in my opinion, alot to do with the copycat mentality. There have always been mentaly unstable people around and there always will be..one twisted mind came up with the killing spree/suicide shtick.... now they have all been shown on national TV exactly what to do, how to do it AND they know all the attention they will get for doing it. Now say you Off yourself at home,alone in your bathtub ??? Not gonna get much publicity. Could all these folks have been bullied as children? Very likely. We need to take the school bully subject very seriously.

    On a lighter note........I am happy for that horse!! Damn it, he deserves some protection too!! Running head first into a bunch of guys with guns and swords wasn't his idea!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 12:59 PM  

  • A job that I could never do: Back Waxer

    By Blogger Mama D, at 2/02/2006 2:32 PM  

  • Thanks wordgirl!! You helped make my earlier point that,in most cases,a bully is involved. Bullies come in all forms, in Andea Yates case, it came in husband form.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 4:21 PM  

  • I thought I was the only person still using my turn signals. So glad to hear there are a few more out there. Is it really so much trouble to flip the little lever? I bet he was on his cell phone too.

    As far as the killing sprees go, I have a very wise friend who once said "You can't legislate common sense." Crazy people will always act crazy. You just have to try to stay out of the way.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 2/02/2006 10:51 PM  

  • i would never ever ever get my toes done at wally world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/05/2006 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home