DebbieDoesLife

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Weekend

What are weekends for?? Well, I guess if you are lucky enough to have a regular M-F, 9-5 job, they are for catching up on things, shopping, napping and (click here) mourning a whale.

I am the person who owns 3 dogs and would have more if I could humanely keep them and 3 boys and a husband and a sister in law.

I am the person who donated more to Katrina Animal Rescue than to the American Red Cross (and people, I was the spokesperson/Community Relations for the Red Cross in a certain city when I was a working girl).

It just makes me really sad to think of this poor whale, lost, trying to find his way back to the sea and not making it. Aren't we all just trying to find our way in this world?

7 Comments:

  • He died!! Oh no...I didn't see that update to the news. That's so sad.

    And I share your weekend issues. In my wilder days, I used to dread the weekends because we didn't have internet access at home, and I lost touch with all my AOL friends I talked to all day when I should be working.

    Today, my son (aged 13) turned to me after pacing around the house and declaring there was nothing to eat or do, said, "I don't really like weekends all that much."

    Must be in the gene pool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2006 9:50 PM  

  • Well, I watched my mama mouse literally eat her first born today. Actually, I don't know if is was her first born. If she had devoured some previously, I didn't witness it. I am hoping the fact she is in a clear cage where I can see her give birth is not too stressful as the "net" says female mice only eat their young under stressful conditions. If you have never witnessed this, I would not recommend it. One moment there is joy that you have just seen a minutes old mouse come to life and then you notice that she isn't really cleaning it like you think but having a snack.
    Poor baby mouse. So is it better to be eaten by your mother or a ball python?

    c

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2006 9:59 PM  

  • I am always amazed people will do so much for whales and dolphins. It warms my heart. I am also amazed at how sad I become when the critters die. Poor fella.

    Yes, I would love to find my way in this world.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 1/21/2006 10:47 PM  

  • Poor little (well, okay, big) whale. Poor little mouse.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 1/22/2006 10:11 AM  

  • Definately better to be eaten by a snake than your own mother.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 1/22/2006 1:22 PM  

  • Oh God. LOL. That just conjured up very disturbing images.

    "Here Mom, try the underside of my arm. Yes, that area that jiggles when I wave. It's the most tender!"

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/23/2006 8:35 AM  

  • Aren't we all trying to find our way in the world--so true!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home