DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Unplanned Life

I thought I had my Monday all planned out. I tend to have what I fondly refer to as my "Monday Morning Panic Attacks" anyway so having a day like yesterday sure didn't help.

I had to take the middle son to the doctor to get his eye checked out. The diagnosis was that he either scratched it or it was a bite. It was right near the tear duct. Here is what else I learned while I was there watching the waiting room t.v. and people watching.

  • Crocs are ugly. Only second to Birkenstocks. I don't care that they are comfortable. Fashion and comfort are NOT synonymous. Stop fighting that fact and accept it. My hubs finally did. When I would ask him "How do I look?" before going out he would answer, "Are you comfortable?" To which I would lambast him, "What the hell does that have to do with anything?? Do I look good??"
  • CNN announced that mobile phones blur the line between work and home. YA THINK?? Is that why I refer to the hubs Blackberry as his Crackberry??? And, he is an addict.
  • Hey lady with the way too long hair and bad dye job - Stirrup pants went out of fashion over 20 years ago. Are the seams still holding up after all this time? And the scotch tape that his holding your glasses together right over the bridge of your nose? Yeah, so not noticeable.
  • And, you people who work at the post office - no wonder people hate you and want to shoot you. Do you really think sorting letters all day and selling postage makes you that much smarter than the rest of the world? If I ask a question (and it was not a stupid question) then you should answer me nicely NOT in a smart ass voice in a volume level for all to hear.

  • I'm glad Monday is over.

    11 Comments:

    • Thank you, thank you, thank you for exposing the truth that comfort and looking good have absolutely nothing to do with each other!

      Oh my goodness, I have nightmares about stirrup pants. Unless you are within 3 feet of a horse, you've got no business wearing them.

      By Blogger Arabella, at 1/10/2006 7:28 AM  

    • If comfortable were in fashion I wouldn't own a single pair of breakneck heels that make me feel like I'm balancing on a friggin toothpick. Women get screwed.

      That's awful about your son. I hope his eye gets better soon. And AMEN to Monday being over.

      By Blogger Tink, at 1/10/2006 7:53 AM  

    • I never realized what those shoes were. They ARE hideous! I thought they were those things that doctor's assistants wore.

      That lady was probably wearing a wig. Or hair extensions.

      I used to work for the post office, but not out there in the front. People treat you really bad, like you're a servant or something. Then, the Postmaster has these insane rules that you have to follow. I nearly went CRAZY, chased my supervisor around one day, threatening to shoot him. I got sent home and was told to go to bed early and come back the next day. And then you wonder why people really DO go postal?!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 8:23 AM  

    • Maybe more annoying...when I clicked on your link (OK I didn't know what "crocs" were), I got stuck in one of those endless loops that hitting the back button on my browser was unable to rectify.

      Not only are they ugly, their website is evil.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 10:30 AM  

    • I think some postal workers (of course not nilla!) are just pissed all the time because they didn't get that cush job at the DMV.
      I don't have a theory about the DMV nastiness yet, but I'm working on it.

      By Blogger Mignon, at 1/10/2006 10:32 AM  

    • I haven't tried the Crocs yet because I can't get past the ugliness, but I guess I shouldn't have too much of a problem since I've been wearing Birkenstocks for 15 years. I do love them so.

      My husband has a crackberry too. I hate that thing. It's like a toy.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 10:36 AM  

    • Stirrup pants? STIRRUP PANTS??? Where the hell is she buying them?

      By Blogger Brooke, at 1/10/2006 3:13 PM  

    • Crackberry - that came up today, one of my co-workers asked his boss how she existed before her crackberry. I had to duck so they did not hear my snort.

      Crocs ARE cute...er, comfortable, of course I like doc martins (sp?. Your hubby sounds like a smart man.

      We call pagers, cell phones and crackberries, eleashes.

      By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 1/10/2006 8:36 PM  

    • I admit, I want a blackberry...I'm a gadget whore!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 2:24 AM  

    • I'm attached to my cell phone and yes, I want a blackberry. Since I work from home (ok technically I'm not working right now) work never stops. If a show gets boring I pop into my office and work on work. Vice versa. So no days "off" for me. No "sick" days. Man, working from home sucks.

      By Blogger Carmel, at 1/11/2006 10:53 AM  

    • I work with the post office on a regular basis. Once I told them I'm the customer and I'm always right, we started getting along much better.

      I can't believe I didn't realize SJ's Debbie was the Debbie who left me a comment last week. I'm a dingbat. But I'm still always right! If you work for the post office!

      By Blogger coolbeans, at 1/11/2006 8:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home