DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I am the New Ringer

Obviously, when it comes to taking pictures I am a 'tard. I should enter the Special Olympics in picture-takin' (some of you high brows call it photography - you won't after you see my pics). And, might I add I have a very nice digital camera. And, I still take terrible pictures.

Here is Christmas morning....
Where is the composition? The subject? Who the fuck knows???? Trust me, my youngest's butt is not his best feature. And, how I captured the middle one running right through the pic is beyond me.

Of course, I come from a long line of bad picture-takers. My mother is quite famous for cutting people's heads clean off.

But wait, there's more....

Here is the Hubs and I before I got really pissed at him.
Don't we look happy? I didn't take this pic obviously. We are at church waiting for the
program to begin on Christmas Eve (before I got the trip to San Francisco and would DO ANYTHING THE MAN WANTS.

Unbeknownst to me, while I was helping the youngest warm up for the Christmas program, my darling partner in life is taking pictures with my new camera. The new camera that we haven't purchased a memory stick for YET.

All is well and good, until the program starts....I got two pictures of the youngest singing in his debut (and probably the only time) program.

Two pictures and the camera quite rudely cuts me off. This is during the time I get up during the program, move my self in front of a bunch of people, cuz I am getting a GOOD picture so get the hell out of my way, and the camera won't flash. I get a message - memory full. Shit. How embarrassing. I am standing here trying to take a photo so what do I do? I PRETEND to take a picture anyway. Yes, I pretended that the camera worked and then scooted across people's knees and laps to get back to my seat where I seethe in anger that I have no pictures left. I almost cried as I sat there fuming.

Here is one of the two (they look just alike!).

That's it. No more.

I am over it now. At least I got two. And, I will get a
memory stick asap. Or, take the camera with me when I walk out of the room.

9 Comments:

  • OH,Come on.......these pictures aren't THAT bad. You should see some of mine....they make yours look like award winners! (and I'm not talkin' Special Olympic awards but like National Geographics awards!)

    Speaking of the Special Olympics, I will honestly be coaching them this spring! Sadly, I will not be involved in the 'picture-takin' events so I won't be able to pull any strings for ya. Sorry Deb :-( I can, however, help ya out in the track and field events! Any interest? Have you seen the movie "The Ringer"? It is hilarious!!!! I loved it..kinda felt guilty laughing at times, but it managed to break some old stereotypes in the process. Go See It!

    By the way, is that 'our' Brooke who sometimes replys on your blog?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/28/2005 10:04 PM  

  • I love it, you faked taking a picture. I would have done the same thing.

    One is better than none.

    The scrapbooker in me (read that as former psychotic Creative Memories sales lady) will not let the top picture pass without telling you to crop the photo. Cut out what you don't like (you probably want to leave their heads though).

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 12/28/2005 11:58 PM  

  • I like the random Christmas-morning action shot. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks she takes bad pictures. Every time I look at Mrs. Harridan's site and see a photo of her beautifully centered in a pile of red leaves, I feel like signing up for photo classes. As it stands now, I make STILL LIFE SHOTS OF FOOD look blurry.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 12/29/2005 7:49 AM  

  • No, I wasn't taking pictures for anyone else, thank goodness! I have now cropped out any other children who shall remain anonymous in the program.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 12/29/2005 8:18 AM  

  • LOL Pretended to take pictures. That is SO something I would do! I once faked finding a "secret" button that made the camera work so Hoop wouldn't know I had been putting the batteries in wrong the whole time.

    By Blogger Tink, at 12/29/2005 8:23 AM  

  • Faking a picture is awesome! And even if you're not pleased with the way they turned out, I have to tell you: I love your built in cabinets, you and your husband are adorable - somehow I was picturing you as a short haired brunette - and your youngest son looks just like you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2005 9:48 AM  

  • I was also cracking up at you pretending to take the picture! But the ones you got look great to me! (You and the hubs are quite adorable!)

    By Blogger Brooke, at 12/29/2005 2:25 PM  

  • Oh my gosh, I'm in stitches! The visual of you pretending to take a picture & then scooting over others is hilarious. It sounds like Seinfeld or something.
    Hey, those pictures were pretty damn good. Of course, this is coming from someone who couldn't properly load her camera's 'whatever it's called' onto my computer! dammit, i can't even think of the word! see how bad i am?

    By Blogger jane, at 12/29/2005 4:10 PM  

  • I battle the bad picture taking gene myself. Thank goodness for digital cameras where you can take a million and delete them away if they look awful. Remember the days of paying for all of those photos to be developed?

    Neat to see a shot of you and your husband. I thought y'all looked grea and now I have a face to put with the "Debbie!"

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 12/30/2005 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home