DebbieDoesLife

Monday, January 16, 2006

A NIght at the Movies

The hubs and I snuck out last night and saw "Last Holiday" with her Highness Queen Latifah.

What is not to love about her? She is big. She is beautiful. She is real. I loved the movie and loved the theme - Live Your Dreams. It is something I have been working on for the last 6 months and this movie was very reaffirming. I love Timothy Hutton too, always have, ever since (dare I risk aging myself??) the movie "Ordinary People." If you haven't seen it, please read the book first. I cried a river throughout this book.

The rest of this post is for you people who were there with us last night....People who brought their two babies to the movie - STOP IT! Your baby cries a lot and is obnoxious. And Dad? You could have gotten your fat butt out of the seat and taken your wife's spot out in the hallway for at least 10 minutes. I watched her walk up and down the stairs like 5 times. The baby was almost a year old. Do you think he wants to sit in a dark theater??? NO, he wants to walk around and BE A BABY! How could that have been a fun night out for you??? You tried to make the rest of us miserable too, which was NOT appreciated.

Guy wearing the fanny pack? Do you know how to spell fanny pack? It's D-O-R-K.

Two girls sitting next to me? Guess what? During the movie the rest of us don't care that you got to fly first class once. BFD! Do you know how close I came to asking you to "Please use your INDOOR voice?"

The rudeness in this world is overwhelming.

13 Comments:

  • I love Queen Latifah. I saw her in concert and she was awesome - totally high energy and fun, just like you would imagine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2006 2:47 PM  

  • I had the BIGGEST crush on Timothy Hutton post-Ordinary People as well. It was on TV the other day and as I looked at the Timster, I glanced at the hubs sitting on the couch next to me and thought...hmmmm...
    1. Brown hair - check
    2. Blue eyes - check
    3. Tall slim build - check
    4. Cute little upturned piggy nose - check!

    Apparently I married him.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 1/16/2006 3:58 PM  

  • I can't handle going to the movies anymore. There's no point in me re-mortaging my house so I can sit in a dark theatre with my feet sticking to the floor listening to other people chew around me and getting mad because they're talking on the phone through the entire flick.

    LOL at the fanny pack. LOL.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 1/16/2006 4:11 PM  

  • People actually encouraged me to take my baby to the movies. Why the hell would I do that? It's not fun for anybody. I just don't get it. Needless to say I would never do that. So, we've only been to one movie since she was born. 'Jarhead'. Jake Gyllenhaal. Mmmmm.

    By Blogger Mama D, at 1/16/2006 5:12 PM  

  • I looooove TH! My drool movie is Beautiful Girls, though. And now you've made me want to see the Queen's movie, because I adore her too!

    By Blogger Mignon, at 1/16/2006 6:24 PM  

  • Ditto, Mama Tulip!

    By Blogger Arabella, at 1/16/2006 9:08 PM  

  • I think the baby and talking is why I try to go to movies at odd times or not at all. I pay MONEY to have my kids taken care of, so I can relax and enjoy, not to watch and listen to yours.

    I love Timothy Hutton, I was never sure why we did not see more of him.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 1/16/2006 9:54 PM  

  • Since my first comment didn't get published for some reason I'm trying again.

    Amen to not bringing babies to movies. I don't get out to the movies very often. So when I do, I want to watch the movie in peace and quiet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2006 6:31 AM  

  • I'm also a Timothy Hutton fan from the old days. How cute is he?
    I'd love to see 'Last Holiday', but all I ever see anymore are kids movies!

    By Blogger Renee, at 1/17/2006 9:30 AM  

  • I don't know if it is still there, but there was a movie theatre near Rockefeller Center in NYC where they seriously frowned on noise. They would not even put ice cubes in soft drinks.

    By Blogger Dan, at 1/17/2006 9:51 AM  

  • Our theater is so overrun by teens/preteens that they actually have police officers stand up in front of the screen before the showing and warn everyone to be quiet and that they're only allowed to get up and use the bathroom once.

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/17/2006 10:00 AM  

  • tink, that sounds like high school. How old are you really??

    By Blogger Mignon, at 1/17/2006 11:07 AM  

  • LOL It has nothing to do with MY age. There's nothing for the kids in this town to do. We have 8 schools and one 6 screen theater. Hoop and I try not to go to ours. Sometimes you just don't want to take the 45 minute drive though. I'm hoping the cops wouldn't stop any adults from using the restroom, but it's crazy to hear them announce it to the whole room. I'm going to test the theory next time I brave it hehe.

    By Blogger Tink, at 1/17/2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home