DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Evil Meme

GOD! I've been tagged. Its not the first time and usually I just ignore the tags but seeing its my buddy WORDGIRL then I will do it.

If you don't read all the way - have a great weekend! I am taking off with 5 of my gal pals and we are heading to the hill country for a Ya-Ya Weekend. What is that? It's a weekend of eating too much, drinking too much and laughing until your stomach hurts. We are also fitting in some shopping and touring a vineyard (guess that fits under drinking too much!).

4 jobs I've had:

1. Cleaned up poop at a veterinarian's clinic (for 3 years - LOVE THE POOP!)
2. Filled water glasses at a cafeteria (they replaced me with a mentally challenged girl!)
3. Toy Merchandiser
4. Freelance Writer (for the last 13 years)

4 movies I can watch over and over:

1. Forest Gump
2. The Princess Bride
3. Frequency
4. Pretty Woman (Come on - you know you love this movie too!!)

4 Places I have lived:

1. Salt Lake City, Utah
2. Edmond, Oklahoma
2. Lafayette, Louisiana
4. Pendleton, Oregon

4 places I have vacationed:

1. Cancun, Mexico
2. San Diego, CA
3. Fussen, Germany
4. Amsterdam, The Netherlands

4 places I visit every day:

I run through a list of about 26 blogs every day (its called skimming!). So, I hate doing this because I am leaving out 22 of you but here's 4 just to have an answer....

1. Pickled Beef
2. Lone Sophist
3. Joy Unexpected
4. Sarcastic Journalist

4 Favorite Foods:

1. Anything Asian
2. Sushi (does that count in #1??)
3. Chocolate - chocolate cake, chocolate bars, chocolate pudding....
4. Custard. (I know its weird, but sometimes I make myself a little mini-bowl of custard!)

4 Places I would rather be:

1. The beach
2. Hiking in the woods
3. Shopping!
4. Alone with my husband in a hotel room (sans kids) anywhere....we could be just down the street for all I care!

4 People I am tagging:

1. Mama Tulip
2. Cissy
3. Tink
4. Aunt Vanessa

15 Comments:

  • I love Mexican Food and Tapioca. But not together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/02/2006 5:37 PM  

  • The meme that won't die...still it is interesting to read up on my favorite bloggers!

    I am jealous of your hill country trip--that sounds like a hoot to me!

    I can't believe you cleaned poop for three years...no, wait. Between my two kids, cat and dog, I think I've done that for almost seven years now too. DAMN...that sucks! HA!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 3/02/2006 8:32 PM  

  • I did this meme back in Dec. or Jan. I love reading about people's past jobs, and scooping poop is one of the best!
    Have a great weekend and try eating dark chocolate with red wine. It's the perfect weekend YA YA treat!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/02/2006 8:59 PM  

  • Oh man! Have a great ya-ya weekend! Me and my best girlfriend are seriously overdue for a GNO...must schedule that soon.

    Love your movie picks! And as for the four places you'd rather be...me & Hubby are planning a #4 ourselves for this weekend! YAY!!! Can anyone say "sleep in past 7:30 a.m.?" Woohoo!!!

    By Blogger The Queen Mama, at 3/02/2006 9:51 PM  

  • Have a great weekend!

    (So you were the precursor to Waterboy? That makes you an Adam Sandler stunt double, or something, right?)

    By Blogger Mignon, at 3/02/2006 11:49 PM  

  • Mignon - I taught the Waterboy everything he ever knew. And that was some fine quality H20 I was servin'!

    Queen Mama - nothing better than hotel sex!

    Momcat - I was at least getting paid to clean the poop.

    By Blogger DebbieDoesLife, at 3/03/2006 5:55 AM  

  • Ack! Girl, I've done this one! Shit.

    Have FUN this weekend and please, please...consume wine for me. :)

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 3/03/2006 7:26 AM  

  • God, I've tried to put this in a click link for you and it's just not happening.

    So if you really wanna see, here it is, back when I did it.

    http://sorrysoldout.blogspot.com/2006/01/fun-with-4s.html

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 3/03/2006 9:16 AM  

  • It's the ZOMBIE meme. Ugh. Grr. Groan. *Drags leg* I love you to girl. I visit every day. Which is kind of a duh statement since I comment everyday too. Have fun on your Ya-Ya weekend. I'm jealous. Mine will be spent staring at Hoop saying, "What do you want to do?" "No... What do YOU want to do?"

    "Filled water glasses at a cafeteria (they replaced me with a mentally challenged girl!)" *Snort*

    By Blogger Tink, at 3/03/2006 10:54 AM  

  • Have fun storming the castle!

    As usual, you brought a smile to my face today :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 8:28 PM  

  • Interesting meme. Your poop job sounds just lovely; I'm brown...errr green with envy.
    I hope you & your friends have a lovely weekend. Can't wait to read all about it.

    By Blogger jane, at 3/03/2006 9:30 PM  

  • I can't decide if I love you for the chocolate obsession or love of animals more!

    By Blogger Brooke, at 3/05/2006 4:27 PM  

  • I love the filling water glasses job, LOL. And the Princess Bride is one of my all-time faves. Great movie.

    By Blogger Trish, at 3/06/2006 2:02 PM  

  • I KNEW there was a reason I liked you!! Fellow Saggitarius, current fellow Texan AND you used to live in Lafayette, TOO!!

    Were we separated at birth or something??

    By Blogger Melodious, at 3/06/2006 4:59 PM  

  • I didn't know you lived in Salt Lake City - I am thinking of putting together a recovery group, you should join up.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 3/08/2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home