DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Chapter 2

Yesterday was so much fun I thought I would give you another ride on the PMS train!!

Imagine with me (guys too!) that the girls each feel like they have gained 5 lbs. AND gone 10 rounds with the champ. When you go upstairs you actually hold onto them cuz they are soooo sore. There with me? Good. OH wait! Throw in some lower back pain too.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night. I did the whole I don't want to look at the clock cuz that will make me wake up even more, but did I listen? No! I looked and it was 2:25am. I flopped around a few times and finally decided that I might as well get up and do something. I came down to the t.v. room, flipped it on and what do you know?
  • Fried Green Tomatoes , only one of my fav movies of all time was on and it was just starting. I settled down with all three dogs and started watching. Well, the hormones kicked in when Ruth got the cancer and by the time she died I was BAWLING! I was crying so hard that I was dripping all over poor Kipper.

  • Here she is trying to catch up on her sleep this morning. I know you are either going ahhhh! "What a cutie-pie, what is she?" Or, your response is "what a ratty looking dog." She brings out either one or the other responses. I don't understand the ratty comments because I think she is BEEEUTIFUL. She is a whole 7.5 pounds of Chihuahua/West High Terrier.

    Here is who was keeping my feet warm while my other end leaked.

    Isn't he pretty? He just got his hair done the other day. He is a schnauzer mix. Miss Kipper owns him and raised him so he does whatever

    she wants even though he outweighs her by 30 lbs. He is totally whipped. His name is Bruno.

    I have to ask this question before we totally get away from Fried Green Tomatoes, the movie. I went to see it with my mother when it first came out and loved it. Am I the only person in the world who didn't realize until someone told them that Idgy and Ruth were lesbians? I was all like, WHAT? No! They were just best friends. Then she reminded me of Idgy's man clothes and mannerisms. And she said if I would read the book it was obvious. Which I did and she was right. I don't care that they were lesbians and they really did love each other, it just changed the movie for me.

    I already knew today was going to be such a great day, with all the PMS, but it got even better! I got a phone call from each of the boy's schools and I had to go pick up two sick kids. The middle one had a track meet that he cannot run in now AND we were all going to the Houston Rodeo tonight and see Maroon 5. Not anymore. I will be in the pediatricians office getting a strep test done in an hour. Oh well, anyone want 4 tickets (really good seats too!) to see Maroon 5?

    Just to be fair, I should include a picture of my Chinese pug Sandy. She has a persecution complex and when her mommy started chasing her with the evil box that flashes, she got all weird and I only got this picture. Hey, wait a minute. I recognize those symptoms! Sandy has PMS too!!

    15 Comments:

    • Yeah, they were lesbians. Sorry we had to break it to you. I love that movie too!

      By Blogger Renee, at 3/09/2006 3:29 PM  

    • oh my god. i cannot believe how CUTE. and sandy? cracks me UP!!! ;)

      it'll be all right little one, "Turn around, briiight eyes! Every now and then I fall apart!"

      By Blogger Sarcomical, at 3/09/2006 3:38 PM  

    • Hey, that movie was on when I woke up on the couch in the wee hours of the morning. I just caught the end, but I've seen the whole movie a buncha times. I don't know why the lesbian thing should change your enjoyment of the movie. (Maybe I got that part wrong?) I love the parts where Ruth gets rescued and where Kathy Bates plows her car into that VW. Oh, and the Bee Charmer note on the tombstone. Great flick.

      Oh, adorable dogs you have there! :-)

      By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 3/09/2006 3:43 PM  

    • Yay for toe warmers! Our dogs love warming my always cold tootsies and I definitely appreciate it.

      By Blogger Heather, at 3/09/2006 5:24 PM  

    • I'm going for best friends. I LOVE that movie and I have NEVER thought they were lesbians. Hrmph.

      Puppies.... Let's see. A wire haired dog always looks fluffly (ratty). A Gentleman Dog is always so cute when the mustaches have been done, and I WANT A PUG DAMMIT. I was waiting for a pug but got my weenie while I waited. I'm going to end up with four dogs now. At the moment I want to sit here naked, as they make me so WARM when they all sleep on my lap at once. Literal dogpile!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/09/2006 5:42 PM  

    • Dang, now I want to read the book based on what Wordgirl just commented. I didn't get that they were lesbians. I thought Idgie was and had feelings for Ruth, but Ruth just loved her as a friend. I guess I missed that, but it was many years ago when I saw the movie. I just get sad every time when cutie Chris O'Donnell gets run over by the train!

      Maroon 5--dang! I wish I could snatch those tickets up. The hubby is out of town though...damn...

      By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 3/09/2006 7:49 PM  

    • lol Sandy's picture is funny. That's what I do when I see a camera too. Your other 2 dogs are cuuuuuute too. I just like seeing the back of Sandy's head.

      Maroon 5 ~ wow! Both Tarzan & I like them. Sucks that you guys can't go see them, I hope your kids get well soon & that you don't have to clean up throw up.

      By Blogger jane, at 3/09/2006 8:25 PM  

    • This may be your best post of all time. Absolutely perfect. Your pictures and descriptions of the dogs are priceless.
      And I am so right there with you on the hormones.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/09/2006 8:58 PM  

    • They were lesbians?? Really? God. I've seen that movie so many times and I've always thought that my gaydar was well-polished.

      By Blogger mamatulip, at 3/10/2006 12:43 PM  

    • I had to leave my adorable and loyal silky terrier, Duncan, behind when we moved to Belgium.

      As little E-Grrrl and I used to say, "Duncan is the cutes of the WRRRLD."

      Seeing your crew made me miss him all over again. Sigh.

      Doubt he missed me. He's livin the good life on an estate in Virginia.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2006 1:05 PM  

    • Cute dogs!! Foot warmers? Mine likes to sleep with his head in my crotch. I am not kidding you. My girl dog will settle for nothing short of my pillow. I hope you and your family feel better. That totally sucks about the concert.

      By Blogger Tink, at 3/10/2006 1:12 PM  

    • Your pups are way cute. And aren't animals great company when you can't sleep?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2006 5:45 PM  

    • Porr Sandy, do they have hormones for the puppies.

      The Maroon 5 concert is just a complete bummer. I hope the boys did not have strep.

      By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 3/10/2006 9:21 PM  

    • I LOVE the little ratty one. And the other one. And the other one. I read the book when I was pretty young and didn't get the lesbian thing, and I've never seen the movie. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

      By Blogger Mignon, at 3/10/2006 11:01 PM  

    • ...I like the part where they serve up the abusive bad guy for lunch....literally!! Kinda gross, but the perfect crime and he had it comin'!!

      Your puppies are adorable! My 9lb Bichon totally owns my 85lb golden retriever...he was older and the same size as she when we brought her home and he does not realize that she has grown ALOT & could now eat him in one big bite. Reggie (The Bichon) is cute....but not so bright. Due to bad oral hygeine, he now has only 8 teeth thus leaving nothing to hold his tongue in his mouth. His ol' dried up tongue stickin'a good 1/2 inch out of his mouth only adds to his charm. They are both, by the way, great feet warmers and up here in Wisconsin, that is HUGE!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/11/2006 10:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home