DebbieDoesLife

Friday, September 23, 2005

Waiting Rita Out

We are staying. For sure. Its too late to leave now. The clouds are moving in and the wind is just starting to kick up. We have boarded and hoarded and are getting ready to "hunker down." We were going to leave when the winds were predicted to reach 100 mph but now they should be more around 50 - 70mph.

I have cleaned out a closet and filled water containers, baked a cake (makes me feel like I am playing my violin on the Titanic!!).

Its going to be a long night and an even longer Saturday. This monster is supposed to come ashore around 5 am. I am already sleep deprived from bad sleep last night and the night before. Keeping my fingers crossed that we are okay and the house doesn't suffer too much damage.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Debbie....I just sent an email and decided to check you blog. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about and praying for all of you. What a flippin' mess!! I would say, " try and get some rest" but I know that would be pointless at this point. Again, if you need anything......just let me know!!! TAKE CARE and BE CAREFUL!!!!!!! Carol

    By Anonymous Carol, at 9/23/2005 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home