DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Tonight was a girl's night out. So, we went to the movies and picked this movie. This movie is too, too funny. And, I might add that Steve Carrell is awfully appealing in a dorky, sweet way.

The scene where he is getting his chest waxed almost made me cry. I don't think that was faked at all. I think they really did wax his chest! That, and at the end when he sings the song "Age of Aquarius" was killing me.

The only thing I didn't like was the use of the F word about 3,465,723 times. Really, they could have cut out about 3,465,713 of those and the movie would have been just as funny. This is coming from me, who actually likes the F word. Its a personal fav in those times of need but even I have my limits. It loses its effectiveness and isn't that why the word is used in the first place?

2 Comments:

  • Amen.

    Two movie reviews in one week - a new career! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2005 6:37 AM  

  • I nearly peed my pants!! This movie will go down as one of the funniest I have ever seen and is destine to be a classic.

    P.S. The f word is one of my personal favs as well, but it was a bit overused here!

    Carol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home