DebbieDoesLife

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

In the Eye

The news channels are going crazy that Rita is aiming itself/herself? right at Texas! Last night, while watching the news, I could feel the adrenaline kick in and an urge to run to the store and buy batteries, water, wine, chocolate, and other absolute necessities take over.

Okay, I have never actually been in a hurricane. But being from Oklahoma, I am used to tornadoes. Tornadoes don't give you any warning, or not much. They seem worse (yes, I did see what happened to New Orleans) and scarier to me. The last big storm that hit, Tropical Storm Allison, I was out of town! Missed the whole thing! Actually got stuck in NYC because we couldn't fly back.

In the t.v. news panic last night my actual comment to my hubby was, "I hope we get some rain out of this thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home