DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Odds 'n' Ends

Hope your holiday weekend is a good one.

I have learned a few things in the past couple of weeks that I thought were worth sharing.

1. When hosting a professional society luncheon, do not only offer fish. Some people don't like it. At all.

2. When speaking at a professional society luncheon learn how to handle a laser pointer. When you would like to emphasize a point along with your slide presentation do NOT jiggle and wave the laser pointer like a mad man. The audience must look away or risk the onset of a migraine. Or seizures.

3. Again, to food. When offering chicken as the professional society luncheon entree - it is unnecessary to cook the chicken for 6 hours or until it reaches the consistency of leather. I appreciate your need to irradicate the salmonella but there is a happy medium here. Find it.

4. When I am charged $35 for these professional society lunches it would be nice to have something edible. Consider Subway next time. It would be better then what I have eaten at the last three.

5. Someone at a large chain style bookstore, left her X-small black thong in the bathroom. Why? I could not peruse the books after that in quite the same way. I kept wondering what person around me was overtaken in the ladies room by the need to go commando. A thong novice? Did the feeling of a wedgie cause her to go over the edge?

7. Gas and food prices are making me seriously reconsider some of my driving and buying choices. I watched a guy at the store the other day buy $21 worth of bing cherries. I almost tapped him on the shoulder because I don't think he realized this. They were $9 a lb.! I love the cherries myself, but I will not pay that much. I bought 2 apples (instead of a usual 5 0r 6) just because I don't want them to go to waste. Have the higher prices made you make any changes yet?

6 Comments:

  • I'm snickering at the thought of you tapping someone on the shoulder and telling him to re-consider his fruit purchase.

    Happy Memorial Day.

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 5/25/2008 4:03 PM  

  • When I was a little girl, we always had bing cherries. ALWAYS. My father LOVED them, and so did I.

    My kids now think of this as a "Hey did we get that tax refund?" kind of a treat. $9 a pound. Some people are just crazy.

    By Blogger Candy, at 5/27/2008 10:16 AM  

  • Next time request vegetarian.

    Someone who went into the bathroom as you came out probably wondered why you left your thong.

    If someone spent that much on cherries, it probably means someone else is actually paying for it.
    "We need a pile of cherries for a photo shoot! Now!"

    I drive a lot less. This could work out pretty good if there are less cars on the road.

    By Blogger Tank, at 5/27/2008 4:39 PM  

  • Someone left their thong in the bathroom of the bookstore? Egads.

    Maybe it was a romantic situation or something. Double Egads.

    And cherries are so horribly expensive in my hoity toity neighborhood, but I foiled them by going to Chinatown this weekend and getting them for $1 a pound! Muwhahahaha.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 5/28/2008 1:43 AM  

  • Hoop refuses to eat cereal anymore because of the cost of milk. I can't believe it's come down to this!

    Now I'm going to be wondering about the thong. Did she go back for it? And if yes- EW.

    By Blogger Tink, at 5/28/2008 4:10 PM  

  • Love the professional speakers who cannot speak or put compelling presentations together.

    I put back cherries last week, when I was at the grocery store, they weren't even bing cherries, but they were $6/pound. I have started carpooling to save on gas and as a bonus, it makes me feel good about the environmental stuff too.

    By Blogger Ditsy Chick, at 6/07/2008 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home