DebbieDoesLife

Monday, March 31, 2008

Adventures in BabySitting

The hubby and I had an opportunity to have a romantic weekend while attending the wedding of a dear friend in New Orleans. A chance to be easy in the Big Easy! I was all over that - plus it would be wonderful to see this couple unite in marriage because they are perfect for each other.

I asked (begged, pleaded, then promised $$$) the oldest, College Boy, if he would come home and babysit his younger brothers.

On Friday as we made our drive to NOLA, college boy calls.

"I'm going to take the boys and go back up to my house (near college campus) on Saturday because its my roommates birthday and we are having a party for him."

Alarm bells begin sounding quietly in my mind. Frown lines begging for botox form on my brow.

"Is this going to be a Girls Gone Wild type of party?" I asked.
"No, mom!"
"You do realize that you are an example for your little brothers? And, how impressionable they are??" to which he assured me that yes, he took his role as the Keeper of the Children serious.

We arrived home on Sunday. I asked the youngest son how the trip to his brother's house was. He said it was fun and he played video games, oh and two girls got drunk. One had to sleep at the house and the other was driven home safely.

College boy then called. I told him what his little brother had told me and he assured me it was all good. Just some silly girls who showed up but they were taken care of, then he said that his 15 year old brother had "owned" at beer pong AND NEVER EVEN HAD TO DRINK because he was so good.

"Not that I would have let him drink more than a sip, mom!"

Good Lord, isn't THAT a relief?????? I believe this is when I blacked out.

8 Comments:

  • HAHAHAHAHA

    How wonderful that middle son has such mad beer pong skillz. You learn something new everyday. :-)

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 3/31/2008 2:07 PM  

  • Honestly, I don't want to know my kid is a beer drinking game whiz.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/31/2008 2:38 PM  

  • Hee Hee, there are some skills that a mother just can't teach her son. Leave it to brother. :)

    By Blogger J. Hi, at 4/01/2008 4:45 PM  

  • Heh..well, how was New Orleans?? I used to live there, you know. I'd be interested to hear how you liked it.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 4/02/2008 10:55 PM  

  • haa! This made me think of the kids playing drinking games with root beer...

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 4/02/2008 11:48 PM  

  • In the immortal words of Frank Barrone: HOLY CRAP!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2008 10:04 PM  

  • OK this post scared me, considering we have sons the same age.

    By Blogger Beulah, at 4/07/2008 7:42 AM  

  • A friend of mine was camping with his wife and teen sons and after a long, long day of hiking in hot weather, they went out to eat at a Mexican place. The adults ordered "regular" sized margaritas and true to American tradition, they were HUGE. And the adults were thirsty, and a little dehydrated, and very quickly A LOT drunk. My friend realized he and his wife were trashed and turned the keys over to their teen son to drive them back to camp for the night. He worried about the "message" he was sending. I said, "Hey, you taught them how easy it is to get drunk without planning to AND that no one, not even an adult, should drink and drive."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/2008 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home