DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, March 16, 2008

No News is Good News

I am not a big morning television watcher. Mostly because I have three boys who when they were growing up always wanted to watch cartoons in the morning while they ate breakfast. I am usually too busy being super creative with peanut butter, grape jelly (and ONLY GRAPE) and bread anyway as I try to pack lunches. In between I am a short order cook slinging eggs, eggo waffles, cereal or whatever each child wants that day.

Lately though, my kids have not been turning on the t.v. so I thought, "Wow, I wonder what the big people watch in the mornings? I have always heard of The Today Show, The Morning Show and what about this Good Morning, America???"

So, feeling all grown up, I turned on a news show as I worked in the kitchen. The 10 year old was sitting at the table, eating his breakfast.

"Spitzer spends thousands of dollars on prostitutes! He paid for sex many times!!"

"Ten year old mauled by mountain lion!"

"Co-ed murdered! Found shot and dead in the street!!"

I look at him, he looks at me - both of us with eyes wide. Where's the remote????

9 Comments:

  • I don't watch the news anymore. Ignorance is Bliss

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 3/16/2008 9:19 AM  

  • I used to work in TV news and it is sad, but I rarely watch it now. I guess once my kids both get in elementary school, I'll watch it once they leave. I've had the same experiences with it though. And, local newscast are even worse! I've found it near impossible to choose watching the 10:30 news about stabbings, car accidents, etc, over Sex and the City reruns as well!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 3/16/2008 2:06 PM  

  • Ya, we watch the weather and turn it off. Nothing good there.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2008 8:27 AM  

  • I just scan the headlines online now. I can't handle the news nowadays.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 3/17/2008 12:13 PM  

  • there are few things more depressing than what is actually going on in the world.

    By Blogger furiousBall, at 3/17/2008 12:30 PM  

  • Yep, compared to that stuff, Sponge Bob looks pretty good to me.

    By Blogger J. Hi, at 3/17/2008 2:55 PM  

  • Yep, compared to that stuff, Sponge Bob looks pretty good to me.

    By Blogger J. Hi, at 3/17/2008 2:56 PM  

  • And that in a nutshell is why I always get my news through National Radio...

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 3/18/2008 11:06 AM  

  • Ugh. I get my news online these days. Watching televised news just made me depressed.

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 3/19/2008 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home