DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Random....like my brain

Since the holidays ended (for me around January 7th) I have been really busy with work. I don't get to be at my computer all day and so I am dreadfully behind on my blog reading. And, even though I have a Crackberry it is torture to try and use it to read blogs. Plus, I am trying to cut down on my Crackberrying and driving.

So, I am driving....and getting my car washed the other day.

There was a maroon mini van in front of me. After we drive through the car wash, I parked next to her van in order to use the vacuum. She is wearing a full-length mink to vacuum her car. WTF? It goes without saying that I was woefully underdressed. But, I must admit it was one of the coldest days we ever get in Houston and if your gonna bust out the mink in South Texas, then appropriate mink-wearing venue be damned!

I discovered a sign the other day that was an instant perk me up. I decided that anytime I needed a self-esteem boost, driving by here would do it.

"Plus Size Resale"

Need I say more? Other than, you can always find something to be thankful for!

4 Comments:

  • Do you mean it's too warm to wear a mink in Houston? No! Really! I wish it had been a PETA car wash.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2008 10:31 AM  

  • You evidently went to wash your car on Formal Day. She may have a mink, but I bet she doesn't look like Heather Locklear...

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 1/16/2008 2:42 PM  

  • Uh oh. Nothing says "recession" like a woman in a mink washing her own car.

    I am reminded of a dinner I had with my first wife, not long after the divorce was final. She said she took some of the money and bought a mink coat. She told me she liked to put it on inside out when she was naked. She thought that would push a button with me. Apparently it did, because that is my main memory of her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2008 9:11 AM  

  • No self-respecting Texas woman would ever venture forth to do manual labor without wearing *at least* a fur coat, high-heels, and botox.

    By Blogger Spamboy, at 1/18/2008 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home