DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Things I Learned This Week

It is Holiday Eve Week. Things are picking up speed as we blow right over Thanksgiving for Christmas. I heard Christmas music while at the grocery store LAST WEEKEND. Who will it take to end this trend of starting Christmas too early? Oprah? Can you hear me???

I learned a few things this week that I thought I would share.

1. Do not serve turkey, dressing, gravy and green beans at a luncheon the week before Thanksgiving. Why do menu planners do this? The schools do it to, like we all want to eat turkey everyday the last two weeks of November.

2. Do not use scatological humor when you are the keynote speaker. When I have a plate of food in front of me this joke is NOT appropriate - "I couldn't manage a fart while eating beans." Yes, I do believe the man was PAID to be the speaker.

3. I have friends I was not aware of and they are desperately trying to email me. My spam folder steals their emails and then I have to go every other week and clean out the 2,154 emails that have accumulated.
Why my system thinks I do not want to hear from Ethel Colon, Good Erection, Rocky Dickey (ouch!) and Brian DiCaprio (brother of Leonardo, obviously) I can't imagine.

4. Commercials for prescription drugs are out of control. There is one out right now for an inhaler and I do believe they have rushed this onto the market. Why? Because if you read at the bottom of the screen (the only reason I was able to was because we had DVR'd something) it says "We do not fully understand how XXXXX works". That's a little scary.

6 Comments:

  • "We do not fully understand how XXXXX works".

    Imagine hearing that as you are getting an IUD inserted.

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 11/15/2007 8:22 AM  

  • Are you shitting me? We do not understand how it works. A-hahahaha!

    By Blogger Candy, at 11/15/2007 8:46 AM  

  • It all goes back to bodily functions.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2007 12:47 PM  

  • Ugh. Drug commercials are so out of control, using scare tactics to get patients to beg their doctors for the latest drug. Folks forget it's a bigole money-making industry.

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 11/15/2007 1:18 PM  

  • "The way Veramyst works is not fully understood". The first time I saw it I thought it was a joke.

    I know! How in the hell do you get FDA approval for that? Cracks me UP.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2007 9:01 AM  

  • What??? Did it really say that??? OMG...

    It's unreal how much spam I get. And how much junk mail in my real mailbox. It's so full I have to pry it out with my keychain.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 11/16/2007 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home