DebbieDoesLife

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Post About Nothing


Sometimes I like (need, want, have) to escape my house and regular life. I love to hike or bike but I especially love the beach. The sound of the water, the firm sand of Galveston under my toes, and a sunny breezy day is sheer bliss in my book. Galveston is no Hawaii or south Florida but it has water and sand which is good enough for me.

Last weekend I told the hubs (always a good sport) that I needed an afternoon at the beach. So, we went.

Oh, and we took Bruno. My big doggie loves the beach as much as I do. He is convinced that he will capture one of the many sea birds flying overhead. I don't know that he has realized that he is not going to wear them out. There are many birds, and only one Bruno. He is exhausted by the end of it.
Can you tell that by keeping him on the leash I am stopping him from catching a bird right at this moment??

7 Comments:

  • I know exactly how you feel. I've been wanting the beach all summer and never made it there. :~(

    By Blogger Renee, at 9/20/2007 8:27 AM  

  • Gasp! So awesome, we are going to the beach this weekend ourselves, and for the first time taking our new pup, Chloe. We've had lots of dogs, but never been able to take one along with us, and I cannot wait to see what she will do.

    By Blogger Candy, at 9/20/2007 10:48 AM  

  • A day at the beach, any beach at all, is almost better than therapy in my book.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2007 12:33 PM  

  • Looks like it survived the storm! My parents' beach house in Crystal Beach just lost a window. They were surprised, but very happy they didn't get more damage.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2007 3:43 PM  

  • Hey, great post!! I was just thinking about how badly I want to go to the beach right about now. I didn't get a beach fix this summer, and I really needed one. Somehow the view of the ocean really relaxes me in a way that nothing else can. Lucky you!

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/20/2007 10:14 PM  

  • Ahhh.........the beach!! Oh how I wish I could get to the beach without involving a jet plane. Wisconsin, where I live, is entirely too far from the theraputic sea air. I envy your beach time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2007 8:08 PM  

  • Love afternoons at the beach.

    By Blogger Carmel, at 9/21/2007 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home