Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Day to Remember

I will never forget this day six years ago. Can it be six years already? The wound still seems too fresh.

I will never forget hearing on the radio as I dropped kids at school that a plane had hit the world trade center. My mind envisioned a small, prop type of plane. But I thought it strange and as soon as I got home I turned on the news. The pictures there and what followed was stunning and horrific. I remember thinking that our world was possibly ending. It did for many that day.

I am from Oklahoma and had already lived through the OKC bombing. We never thought anything could be worse than that.

I will take a moment and reflect on today. I will say a prayer for the families. I will say a prayer for our world and all the people in it.


  • It was an absolutely terrifying day - not knowing what would come next. I remember feeling so helpless as the news went from bad to worse.

    By Anonymous tlc, at 9/11/2007 8:08 AM  

  • I heard about it in much the same way that you did. I was on my way to work and heard it on the radio; I thought exactly as you did, that it was an accident with a small plane. We watched it in our media room at work and it was completely unbelievable.
    Thanks for the great post.

    By Blogger Renee, at 9/11/2007 10:29 AM  

  • I've felt the same way today. Thanks for posting this.

    By Anonymous Lisa, at 9/11/2007 5:17 PM  

  • I was with my sister outside of San Fransisco shortly after my divorce trying to get away from all the emotional turmoil when her cell phone went off. There was a message from her husband telling her to turn on the TV. We first thought it was a bombing. Then heard it was a plane.

    We were watching and saw the other plane smash into the other tower. We knew we had to get out and back home but were mesmerized in front of the TV. As we drove back to Reno there were already US flags being drapped over farm fences, bridges, overpasses. It was so surreal.

    By Blogger PEACE, at 9/14/2007 7:47 PM  

  • Yes, that was a bad day. My roommate was in the first tower, and we were sitting around for 5 hours not knowing where the heck she was. But she made it back ok; got out of the building and walked all the way home, over 60 blocks in Manhattan.

    And of course, it was my birthday.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/15/2007 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home