DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Things Seen This Week


This was quite the week for spotting characters. You know the type - people that you cannot believe are for real! Two of them had me itching to grab my cell phone and take a picture but good manners precluded that action.

1. Walking into a department store I spotted a lady of about 65 - 70 years of age. She was bleached blonde, wearing a cowboy hat, boots, vest and super tight jeans that had big letters across her butt spelling "Cowgirl!" - like anyone wouldn't have already figured out what her dream was just by the rest of her get up. She had applied her blue eye shadow and lip stick with a heavy duty paint roller. Think walking cartoon character and you'll get the picture. I was dying to stop her and ask where the costume party was being held. She mosied on into the store and did her shopping in a leisurely fashion as if nothing was awry. I kept expecting her to lasso something...

2. I walked into a nice Mexican restaurant to buy a gift certificate. The lady who was the hostess had boufant hair and was in her mid-50's. Kind of grandmotherly looking. She had applied her Super Frosted Pale Pink lipstick and outlined it with (I am not shittin' you) black eyeliner. I couldn't take my eyes off her mouth! It was freakish! I kept trying to drag my eyes back up to hers but it was impossible.

3. Had some guys doing some work in my backyard this week. One guy had the WORST pants in the world. He might as well as not been wearing them at all. The amount of crack that I saw is illegal in most states. Crack is whack.

I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday.

5 Comments:

  • Are you sure that wasn't Dolly Parton? I bet her car had a bumber sticker with "Save a Horse--Ride a Cowboy!"

    By Blogger PEACE, at 9/14/2007 7:49 PM  

  • What?? Pink lipstick with BLACK eyeliner?? Egads.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 9/15/2007 11:49 PM  

  • That picture makes me want to poke my own eyes out...

    One time Hoop and I saw an old woman at Walmart that had so much make-up on I thought she was wearing a mask. No lie. I actually followed her around for a few minutes to make sure it wasn't. Horrifying. I hope when I'm that age someone still loves/likes me enough to stop me from leaving the house like that.

    By Blogger Tink, at 9/16/2007 10:27 PM  

  • Black eyeliner and pink lipstick...hmmmm. Classy. Or is it "Klassy?"

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 9/18/2007 8:16 PM  

  • Prolly the lip liner was tattooed on. There's a soccer mom in our league who wears light lipstick with the dark liner and it's, er, fairly eye-catching.

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 9/19/2007 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home