DebbieDoesLife

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Very Scary Halloween


Let me play out the conversation I had with college-age son this evening:

Chris: I think college girls' think Halloween means it's time to dress like a 'ho'.

Me: Oh no, not just in college. In our neighborhood last night I saw lots of junior high Pirate Ho's, Angel Ho's and Ho Ho's.

Chris: Well, my friend's girlfriend decided to go out dressed as a "Lingerie Model" and he was pissed.

Me: I can see why.

Chris: My girlfriend dressed as a "Sexy Librarian" but it was tasteful.

Me: I'm sure.

Chris: I'm just tired of girl's who dress like this and then get pissed when a guy touches them or is all over 'em.

Me: Kind of false advertising isn't it?

Chris: Yeah! It would be like me wearing a police officer's uniform and then when someone asked for help, telling them not to ask me, I'm just dressed like a cop. I think if you're gonna wear the uniform, be prepared to do the job.

Okay, that last line was priceless and I asked if I could use it. Chris said yes, but only if I quoted him (where does this boy get his sarcasm???).

"If you're gonna wear the uniform, be prepared to do the job."

This is not just for girls but boys who wear the super baggy, have to hold'em up, pants. Do you know where that trend comes from? Prisoners!! The prison uniforms would be so ill-fitting the dudes would have to hold them up!! Is this how you want your son or daughter to dress? Did you notice a definite sexy trend with Halloween this year?

"If you're gonna wear the uniform, then be prepared to do the job."

10 Comments:

  • I hope that rule doesn't apply to Halloween. My son was outfitted as a hobo.

    And my neighbors' son dressed as a chicken.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/02/2007 7:30 AM  

  • Oh Debbie, you look great in fishnets. ;-)

    By Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele, at 11/02/2007 9:18 AM  

  • Fishnets huh? Wouln't mind seeing that!

    But on Chris's and your points.

    Yes, girls are dressing more hooker-ish all the time. It's unreal. Until my step-daughter got grounded, she was going to be a Catholic school girl. Dude, I was not about that. So I was glad she got grounded.

    Some would say that we are one generation away from losing our touch with God. I would say we are now 2 generations removed from God.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/02/2007 10:45 AM  

  • I saw more slutty dead cheerleaders and Paris Hiltons this year than any other.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 11/02/2007 11:34 AM  

  • Amen.

    By Blogger Renee, at 11/02/2007 2:22 PM  

  • Yeah, when I was in college we dressed as fruits and vegetables in big padded goofy costumes with stems on our heads. My friend Leslie was a tomato and tried to drunk dial an old boyfriend and got stuck in the phone booth when she closed the door. I still crack up every time I think of her big tomato body crammed against the glass. So funny.

    By Blogger Veronica, at 11/04/2007 10:16 AM  

  • I know I wrote a witty 'comment' last week and blogger ate it up...
    I wanted to let you know my neighbourhood did not have 'ho's' it was laddened down with Princesses, Oreo Cookies, Chickens, Surgeons, *0's 70's Elvis,Television sets, Dogs Firemen, and Unicorns...
    I had 250+ kids to my door...and not one 'ho'...

    Itcertainly was a magnificent parade running down my street...

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 11/05/2007 6:27 AM  

  • Have you seen Mean Girls? There's a really funny discussion of it in one of the scenes, where they're all getting ready for a Halloween party.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 11/05/2007 4:55 PM  

  • Well put!!

    Can you believe I actually saw Hogwarts Hos this year?

    By Blogger Tink, at 11/07/2007 4:00 PM  

  • I love this line of Chris's and plan to use it at the first opportunity. College kids are going to dress however they wish if they are away from home, but for the little ones, where are the parents? What responsible parent dresses at 9 year old in fishnets, platform shoes and a micro mini? Seriously.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 11/08/2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home