DebbieDoesLife

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Y's in My Life

Boys are definately different than girls. I have been learning that for almost 21 years now. Some days the point gets driven home harder than others.

Today on the way home from lacrosse practice the 15 year old was discussing a friend's girlfriend and how the boy is "whipped" by her. As he described her I amazed him with being able to fill in with things like "I'll bet she doesn't have many girlfriends," and "is she trying to limit his time with his guy friends?" I then informed him girls like this usually view other girls as a threat and it comes from being insecure. Warming to my subject, since my two boys seemed enthralled by my almost limitless font of knowledge, I said, "It isn't wise to have only guy friends - they just aren't the same as girlfriends."

The older one chimed in with a big grin, "I know! Guys like to just let 'em rip really loud. My coach can rip 'em so loud and so nasty, it clears the circle at practice!" (just in case you are wondering - they are describing flatulence) He then added, "I love being a guy!" To which the younger one in the back seat seconded with a "me too!"

Number one son's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 21. Being the usual boys that they are, the younger two have done nothing as far as purchasing a gift or making a card. I went upstairs and asked #2 what he thought of getting #1 twenty-one different treat items and filling a basket. He nodded then said, "how about beers?" I gave my meanest motherly frown to curtail such thinking. That's when #3 came out of his bedroom. I told him of my incredible birthday idea. He nodded and said, "So, should we get him 21 beers?"

I give up.


8 Comments:

  • Heh, it must be such a riot to be the mother of all sons. In my family it was only girls except my dad. Boys and girls really are different creatures, aren't they?

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/25/2008 10:04 PM  

  • I like to let them rip too. My wife has no idea how big a role gas plays in a man's life and how much joy it brings to our hearts. If women would let one rip now and then and laugh about it World Peace would be so much more enjoyable.

    I keep trying to tell my stepdaughter that when a guy rough-houses with her, that means he likes her.

    We are all such gorillas ...

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/26/2008 11:07 AM  

  • Hilarious!

    By Blogger Pendullum, at 2/27/2008 6:46 AM  

  • Well he WOULD appreciate the beers. LOL.

    Boys and girls are like horses and zebras...

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/27/2008 7:43 AM  

  • I can tell you right now that this is exactly the kind of gift my two other sons will think of for their older brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2008 10:38 PM  

  • I feel your pain...When I asked my 14 yr. old what he wanted us to bring him back from Vegas...he said, "a showgirl!"

    By Blogger names aren't important, at 2/29/2008 10:51 AM  

  • Yep, boys are born thinking gas is funny. At 8 months old, my son 'let one rip' and immediately started giggling.

    By Blogger J. Hi, at 3/03/2008 8:42 AM  

  • i love that post! entertaining! at least your boys keep your smiling.

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 3/16/2008 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home