DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, February 03, 2008

You Are What You Eat

My latest fascination is with a show on the BBCA called "You Are What You Eat."

From here on out please read this post with a British accent.

The show is bloody brilliant! This dietician lady, Gillian, surprises fat people in the UK and then forces them to see what they eat in a week and then change their diets. (I am waiting for the sister show - "Orthodontics - Its not just for America!!")

One 18 year old girl only ate McDonald's hamburgers and chips (fries). Gillian made an entire sculpture of a person out of fatty, raw hamburger meat to shock this girl and her parents into changing all of their habits. The girl was 6 stones overweight (btw - a stone = 14 lbs.).

One father of three drank 12 pints of Guiness every day and ate ginormous portions of fatty, fried foods. After Gillian badgered him (and his enabling wife) he changed his wicked ways and dropped over 4 stones.

My favorite part of the show? When Gillian examines their "poo" (isn't that cute - instead of shit, poop, b.m., excrement or crap - she calls it poo! Don't you love the English and their cute words??) She makes the people poop into a pan and then covering their faces with masks, they take a look at it. She can diagnose if you are low in vitamin (and she says it vitamin with a short vowel sound on the i) B, zinc, fiber and so on. Looking at your own poo seems to be quite the wake up call.

Here at home, I am always trying to get my cheeseburger lovin' crew on board the eatin' healthy bandwagon. I seem to receive the most resistance in a surprising area. The husband. I can yak and yak about eating healthy and healthy choices while we are sitting in a restaurant, he will look right at me, nodding in agreement and then turn around and order the burger and fries.

I have threatened to send someone to look at his poo. Any volunteers?

7 Comments:

  • I watch the last part of that show occasionally while waiting for "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares."
    Now that's a "&#&*@*%!! real man's foodie show!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/03/2008 9:10 AM  

  • I look at my poo a lot. I have ulcerated colitis. Not too fun. I end up eating veggies and chicken a lot. But I still am not in shape.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/03/2008 1:00 PM  

  • I couldn't watch that show, what withe poo examining. I couldn't be on that show either, because they'd determine that I am a chocolate digestive cookie. A MILK CHOCOLATE digestive cookie, thanks.

    By Blogger mamatulip, at 2/04/2008 11:20 AM  

  • I'd agree to eat better if it meant they'd let me pass on examining my own poo. Truly.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 2/04/2008 1:31 PM  

  • Well...I was going to head in and eat breakfast but now? Um...maybe not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2008 8:27 AM  

  • Gross! I wouldn't even examine Hoop's poo, and I LOVE him.

    By Blogger Tink, at 2/06/2008 2:56 PM  

  • That woman sifts through people's excrement on tv???? Egads, whatever they pay her, it's not enough.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 2/07/2008 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home