DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The List

The last two weeks have been...tumultuous. To say the least. It seems that everything in my life is falling into a Love it or Hate it kind of column.

Hate it: When the doors to Wal-mart are guarded by people seeking money. The other day I answered this question with a resounding and very irritated "No!" The question? "Would you like to help starving children?"

Yesterday, I got chased by a woman holding out a Girl Scout Cookie as I tried to leave the grocery store peacefully. I cannot stand this type of guerilla fund-raising.

Love it: I got to go skiing in Colorado with 7 other girlfriends. What a great weekend! The weather was perfect - sunny and nice, then it even snowed one day. I also discovered that Bailey's comes in little plastic "to go" bottles! They fit perfectly in one's pocket and provide a delicious bit of warmth!

Hate it: My company is closing its doors. Which means they obviously didn't think about me and how they were going to mess up my life. I LOVED my job. It was perfect. Unfortunately, due to things beyond my control, the business is now defunct.

Don't act like I can just go out and GET ANOTHER JOB. It's not that simple. I got to office from home, I set my own schedule and no one micromanaged me. See what I mean???? Those kind of jobs don't fall off the turnip truck everyday.

Love it: Starbucks Chai Tea Misto - Yum!

10 Comments:

  • I'm so with you on the WalMart thing! And so sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully, you'll find something soon that's can in a slight way compare to your old one.

    By Blogger Renee, at 3/10/2008 8:42 AM  

  • I'm sorry about your job. I have that kind of a job too...not that I make my own hours, but really I'm not all that busy and my boss is a peach. It would be hard to replace. I just cross my fingers all the time when I think about it.

    By Blogger Candy, at 3/10/2008 10:47 AM  

  • I hated the job search thing. I did, but maybe it will work out for you. It sounded like a sweet situation though. Is that you in the picture?

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2008 11:00 AM  

  • I treat the guerilla fund-raisers like they're bums. Avert eyes and mumble like you're crazy and they'll leave you alone. ;)

    By Blogger Tink, at 3/11/2008 7:46 AM  

  • Not a fan of the fund-raisers either, but they don't seem to try and tackle me on my way out. I just smile and act like I didn't hear them...

    Sorry about the job... totally understand that feeling.

    SKIING!!! JEALOUS!!

    Yummmmm Chai Tea....

    By Blogger Brenda, at 3/11/2008 6:16 PM  

  • What a bummer about the job! I know that kind is hard to come by, What an inconsiderate company! :) I hope you find something that at least comes close.

    By Blogger B.E.C.K., at 3/12/2008 12:35 PM  

  • I'm feeling ya on the "getting a job" thing. It's not that easy. We're either way over qualified for some things or don't have the master's degree required for something else. I can't tell you what a soul-crushing experience it is for me. Finally, I stumbled upon two part-time jobs. As a certified teacher, I can be a tutor to high-risk kids at the highest end of the pay scale. So..I'm returning to the classroom. And...I'm going to do the freelance thing at TCU Magazine. Maybe it will all even out if I can commandeer a few "street corners" and do a little side business. Just kidding. No...really.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008 9:16 AM  

  • I'm sorry to hear about your job. You're right that good jobs don't come along every day.

    Hey, you could get a job at Walmart!! Then you could chase away those crazies.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 3/15/2008 10:28 PM  

  • sorry about your job. but glad you got to enjoy girlfriend time in colorado.
    over here in cali we have people wearing all white that stand in front of the entrance/exit to the market asking if you want to make a donation... i look them in the eye and say nothing. it is so irritating and an invasion. obviously if we see the candy bar kids, or the girl scouts or the money grubbers we will donate or purhase if we want. *phew* got that off my chest (*wink wink*)
    happy weekend.

    By Blogger acaligurl, at 3/16/2008 2:38 AM  

  • hmmmm, maybe you could drive the turnip truck...

    By Blogger josh pincus is crying, at 4/11/2008 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home