DebbieDoesLife

Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day

This weekend is a high holy one. Mother's Day.

I have already mailed my mother her gift. I am thankful that I have a mother to send a gift. Of course, my mother is very lucky since she has a daughter. Over here in my house, the house of 3 boys and a man, no shopping has even started.

What do I want for Mother's Day you ask? I have simple tastes. I don't want flowers. Or chocolates. Or even jewelry.

I would love it if:

*my boys gave me a card with a note saying they would vacuum and wash my car.
*offer to spend the day with me - take in a movie or lunch and just HANG.
*make a pretend gift card for a "chef and clean up crew for the evening". I honestly wouldn't care if they fixed a frozen pizza - it is the thought that counts.
*Write me a letter.

I did come up with a plan for Mother's Day that sounds perfect (keep your fingers crossed for the weather to be nice) and that is a day at a state park, with our bikes, cooking out and just relaxing.

Honestly, the two guys below captured my household perfectly and this video says Happy Mother's Day better than I can.


7 Comments:

  • I don't know where you found that, but that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! Hope your Mother's Day is all you wish for it to be. I'm down with that chef/clean up crew for the evening thing also. Yeah, let me know if you make that happen because I haven't found a way around here. HA!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 5/10/2008 10:36 PM  

  • That sounds like a great Mother's Day! I hope it happens for you.

    By Blogger Renee, at 5/10/2008 11:02 PM  

  • Happy Mother's Day, my friend. Hope you had a grand time. Loved the video. Instead of those two, it could have been my sister and brother posing for the pic. Their antics still take us by surprise to this day and they're 55 and 56. Hysterical. Gotta love family.

    Love ya,
    nettie

    By Blogger nettiefudgesworld, at 5/12/2008 2:00 PM  

  • That was cute. I enjoyed that. Happy Mother's Day!

    By Blogger J. Hi, at 5/12/2008 3:42 PM  

  • I agree totally. It is a holy holiday. I didn't have to do anything. Friday afternoon, I played boss and let everybody go 1/2 hour early. Then Saturday morning Chris called from Afghanistan. Sunday I rode 11 miles on my bike and talked to my mom on the phone...not while riding tho.

    Happy Mother's Day...(late)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 5/13/2008 10:28 AM  

  • Happy Mother's Day!! I hope one day to be as blessed with my kids as you seem to be with yours :o)

    By Blogger teahouse, at 5/14/2008 9:32 PM  

  • That clip was too funny! lol. I hope it is not a glimpse of my future (and we both know it is).

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/22/2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home